Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A Kodak comment about a Sigma lens

A Kodak comment about a Sigma lens

Mark B.

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news6BHc.11138$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Note: Any posters having anything good to say about any Sigma product

should
> be ignored. A sad state of affairs...but that is the truth of it.

Note: Posters that make blanket statements should be ignored as well.

Mark

Janie Thomson

"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccojn5$pof$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fortunately Royal Mail continues to make no
> distinction, so whether anyone is on Orkney or in the middle of London,
> the price is the same. Difference is that the Orkney mail probably takes
> less time to get there!

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm still waiting for a letter which was
posted on one of the smaller Orkney islands in 2001.

--
Janie
http://www.janie-thomson.co.uk

David Kilpatrick

Janie Thomson wrote:

> "David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ccojn5$pof$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Fortunately Royal Mail continues to make no
>>distinction, so whether anyone is on Orkney or in the middle of London,
>>the price is the same. Difference is that the Orkney mail probably takes
>>less time to get there!

> I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm still waiting for a letter which was
> posted on one of the smaller Orkney islands in 2001.

Now would that be the one with no postbox and some very hungry gannets?

Janie Thomson

"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccpjat$nf6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Janie Thomson wrote:
>
> > "David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ccojn5$pof$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Fortunately Royal Mail continues to make no
> >>distinction, so whether anyone is on Orkney or in the middle of London,
> >>the price is the same. Difference is that the Orkney mail probably takes
> >>less time to get there!

> > I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm still waiting for a letter which

was
> > posted on one of the smaller Orkney islands in 2001.
> >

> Now would that be the one with no postbox and some very hungry gannets?

That doesn't narrow it down much

I was bloody hungry though! Thieving gits! I suspect the problem was at the
Glasgow end, as the envelope was posted inside the post office on the
island.

--
Janie
http://www.janie-thomson.co.uk
janiethomson at janie-thomson dot co dot uk

Zebedee

"Janie Thomson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That doesn't narrow it down much
>
> I was bloody hungry though! Thieving gits! I suspect the problem was at

the
> Glasgow end, as the envelope was posted inside the post office on the
> island.

Well, they keep delivering mail that's been in the system for up to 50
years. I guess you might get it in 2051

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

David Kilpatrick

Janie Thomson wrote:

> "David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ccpjat$nf6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>Janie Thomson wrote:
>>

>>>"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:ccojn5$pof$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm still waiting for a letter which

> was
>
>>>posted on one of the smaller Orkney islands in 2001.
>>>

>>Now would that be the one with no postbox and some very hungry gannets?

> That doesn't narrow it down much
>
> I was bloody hungry though! Thieving gits! I suspect the problem was at the
> Glasgow end, as the envelope was posted inside the post office on the
> island.

I managed to get Charles Tait his magazine copies for years - probably
still do, but spotted his name on an old list today and remembered his
work. He was/is one of the Orkneys best photographers. On the other hand
there were certain London and Essex districts where magazine copies just
went missing with no explanation repeatedly.

David
http://www.f2photo.co.uk/

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Pepys" <[removethis](E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccnnrl$1m4r$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news6BHc.11138$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Note: Any posters having anything good to say about any Sigma

product
> should
> > be ignored. A sad state of affairs...but that is the truth of it.

Don't
> > believe me....look to see what other subjects David Kilpatrick has
> > contributed to. There are one or more persons who post under a

variety of
> > names who only come on to spread demonstrably false information

about the
> > merits of Sigma. So much of what they write is provably wrong that

all
> that
> > they have to say has to be questioned.....or ignored.
> >

> What a ridiculous statement. This chap Kilpatrick posts well

researched and
> professional views based on objective findings.
>
> Sam

It's ridiculous alright but there are a few in this group just like
him.

Dennis Bradley

"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccq13o$svl$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Janie Thomson wrote:
>
> > "David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ccpjat$nf6$(E-Mail Removed)...

London,

takes

which

> > was

> >>Now would that be the one with no postbox and some very hungry gannets?

> > That doesn't narrow it down much
> >
> > I was bloody hungry though! Thieving gits! I suspect the problem was at

the
> > Glasgow end, as the envelope was posted inside the post office on the
> > island.
> >

> I managed to get Charles Tait his magazine copies for years - probably
> still do, but spotted his name on an old list today and remembered his
> work. He was/is one of the Orkneys best photographers. On the other hand
> there were certain London and Essex districts where magazine copies just
> went missing with no explanation repeatedly.
>
> David
> http://www.f2photo.co.uk/

Maybe there was a keen amateur photographer in the sorting office

Dennis

David Kilpatrick

Dennis Bradley wrote:

re: On the other hand
>>there were certain London and Essex districts where magazine copies just
>>went missing with no explanation repeatedly.
>>
>>David
>>http://www.f2photo.co.uk/
>>

> Maybe there was a keen amateur photographer in the sorting office

Or a keen market stall trader !

Martin Francis

"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news6BHc.11138$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Note: Any posters having anything good to say about any Sigma product

> should
> > be ignored. A sad state of affairs...but that is the truth of it.

> Note: Posters that make blanket statements should be ignored as well.

That sounded dangerously like a blanket statement.

I would like to iterate my own view that blankets are plain wrong, and that
duvets are the future.

no, and yes...."