Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > proprietary Li-ION battery for Olympus C-50. Should I buy non Olympus?

proprietary Li-ION battery for Olympus C-50. Should I buy non Olympus?

Mr. Rather B. Beachen

I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
$5.00.

Thanks for any information

BTW, here is a link to one of those batteries:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT

It's Mr. Rather B. Beachen to you

Ron G

You've spent hundreds of dollars on a beautiful camera. Don't take a
chance on an e-Bay battery that is so cheap. By reputation, they are a
crap shoot. Spend the extra $30 and be safe. Several years ago I bought
an Oly with NiMh batteries and charger and the quality of both was very
high. Remember, Li-ION batteries have very complex charging circuits.
You don't want to take chances on getting an el cheapo bummer.

Mr. Rather B. Beachen wrote:

>I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
>battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
>Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
>The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
>stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
>$5.00.
>
>Thanks for any information
>
>BTW, here is a link to one of those batteries:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT
>

>It's Mr. Rather B. Beachen to you
>
>(E-Mail Removed)

Vic Dura

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:11:09 -0700, RE: proprietary Li-ION battery
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
>battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
>Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
>The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
>stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
>$5.00.

Stick with the Oly. The $5.00 cheapie may ruin your camera.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.

Steven M. Scharf

http://sterlingtek.com/ollibapaeq1.html

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName=STR