Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > BT Broadband Talk with BT Fusion - Can it be done?

BT Broadband Talk with BT Fusion - Can it be done?

cgrantbt-news@yahoo.co.uk

I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
they sent me a new 05600 number.

Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance
Chris G @ Home

alex

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
> up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
> they sent me a new 05600 number.
>
> Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
> service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
> in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
> Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Chris G @ Home

You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In particular
you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because the
Inventel in a router as well.

The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions, it
should in theory work OK.

Alex

Chris G @ Home

Thanks Alex,

I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;->
Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
or router?

Thanks
Chris

On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:27:20 +0100, "alex" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
>> up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
>> they sent me a new 05600 number.
>>
>> Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
>> service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
>> in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
>> Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Chris G @ Home

>You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In particular
>you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because the
>Inventel in a router as well.
>
>The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
>bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions, it
>should in theory work OK.
>
>Alex

alex

Yes, either, it plugs into any free 10/100 port and gets assigned an IP
address from the local DHCP, assume on your router. You just need to make
sure you connect it the right way round as it acts as a thru port as well.

I'd give them another call - they have sent you something anyway in the
first place...

Cheers

Alex

"Chris G @ Home" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Alex,
>
> I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
> yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;->
> Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
> or router?
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:27:20 +0100, "alex" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
>>> up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
>>> they sent me a new 05600 number.
>>>
>>> Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
>>> service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
>>> in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
>>> Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Chris G @ Home

>>You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In
>>particular
>>you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because
>>the
>>Inventel in a router as well.
>>
>>The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
>>bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions,
>>it
>>should in theory work OK.
>>
>>Alex

Chris G @ Home

Received the 10v adapter and got it all up and running today!
Connections as follows....

10v adapter to existing network switch
Network switch to BT Fusion routers ethernet port
PC to 10v adapter (Temporary just to set the adapter up)
Telephone to 10v adapter
Network and Ethernet lights should be lit on the adapter

Log in to Broadband Talk to configure adapter
Adapter configured successfully and resets
Unplug PC from adapter and plug back into network switch (Assigning
new IP address on the home network)

Bob's your mothers brother, it works fine.

Cheers for the positive info Alex!

Never, never, ever believe what BT tell you when you call for help!
Incompatible indeed!

Thanks
Chris

On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:59:11 +0100, "alex" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes, either, it plugs into any free 10/100 port and gets assigned an IP
>address from the local DHCP, assume on your router. You just need to make
>sure you connect it the right way round as it acts as a thru port as well.
>
>I'd give them another call - they have sent you something anyway in the
>first place...
>
>Cheers
>
>Alex
>
>"Chris G @ Home" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Thanks Alex,
>>
>> I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
>> yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;->
>> Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
>> or router?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>>
>> On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:27:20 +0100, "alex" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In
>>>particular
>>>you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because
>>>the
>>>Inventel in a router as well.
>>>
>>>The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
>>>bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions,
>>>it
>>>should in theory work OK.
>>>
>>>Alex

Alex

Excellent news! The PC temporary setup bit is a bit of a thrower isn't, but
worth the pain once it works. Remember to connect the other connector to
your normal phone line if poss, so if BB goes or power fails it latches over
so you can make emergency calls. Also receives incoming calls to your
normal PSTN line on the VoiP phone...

"Chris G @ Home" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Received the 10v adapter and got it all up and running today!
> Connections as follows....
>
> 10v adapter to existing network switch
> Network switch to BT Fusion routers ethernet port
> PC to 10v adapter (Temporary just to set the adapter up)
> Telephone to 10v adapter
> Network and Ethernet lights should be lit on the adapter
>
> Log in to Broadband Talk to configure adapter
> Adapter configured successfully and resets
> Unplug PC from adapter and plug back into network switch (Assigning
> new IP address on the home network)
>
> Bob's your mothers brother, it works fine.
>
> Cheers for the positive info Alex!
>
> Never, never, ever believe what BT tell you when you call for help!
> Incompatible indeed!
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>

> On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:59:11 +0100, "alex" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Yes, either, it plugs into any free 10/100 port and gets assigned an IP
> >address from the local DHCP, assume on your router. You just need to

make
> >sure you connect it the right way round as it acts as a thru port as

well.

> >I'd give them another call - they have sent you something anyway in the
> >first place...
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Alex
> >
> >"Chris G @ Home" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> Thanks Alex,
> >>
> >> I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
> >> yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;->
> >> Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
> >> or router?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Chris

sessions,

VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Change to talk talk Bob B Computer Support 1 08-23-2006 08:49 PM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM

Advertisments