Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Looking for SIP account

Looking for SIP account

Mark

> Voiphone.co.uk rates very reasonable and they are RELIABLE unlike one
> I could mention but won't .

Good job I dont think I can stand another war about them there service
has improved greatly since the new servers and service is now pretty
much faultless

Dave Saville

On Mon, 08 May 2006 15:55:04 GMT, GwG wrote:

>http://www.dialwise.co.uk/rates.php

Hey - Thanks for that - looks really good.

--

Regards

Dave Saville

David Floyd

In message of Mon, 8 May 2006, Mark writes
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Voiphone.co.uk rates very reasonable and they are RELIABLE unlike one
>> I could mention but won't .

>Good job I dont think I can stand another war about them there service
>has improved greatly since the new servers and service is now pretty
>much faultless

Your reply is ambiguous. It sounds as though you're talking voip.co.uk,
whereas I KNOW you're about Sipgate.

David

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 8 May 2006 18:14:42 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Mon, 8 May 2006, Mark writes
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> Voiphone.co.uk rates very reasonable and they are RELIABLE unlike one
>>> I could mention but won't .

>>Good job I dont think I can stand another war about them there service
>>has improved greatly since the new servers and service is now pretty
>>much faultless

>Your reply is ambiguous. It sounds as though you're talking voip.co.uk,
>whereas I KNOW you're about Sipgate.
>
>David

Well David you could be right on both counts I have just told v.uk to
close my account I am cutting back to voipcheap and sipdiscount for
outgoing and voiphone for incoming plus outgoing mobile calls once my
year with Freetalk as ended.

Bob L

On Mon, 08 May 2006 16:20:55 +0100 (BST), "Dave Saville"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 8 May 2006 16:01:18 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
>
>>Not wanting to start the aforementioned thread, but where do you call the
>>most..?
>>
>>If the people you call also have SIP accounts, the call is free anyway,
>>regardless of provider. Can you persuade them to get accounts also..?

>It is not actually where we call the most but the high cost of where we do - My
>brother in law is in India - So SipDiscount looks really good at 11p/min.
>Absolutely no chance of him using anything other than POTS.

There are better deals using ordinary POTS !, you dial a prefix - list
follows

info from
http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...cker/index.php

INDIA

Operator Landline
Bestminutes 4p/min
(08444283232)
Budgetcom 5p/min
(08445662727)
Cleverates 5p/min
(08444522525)
Pennyphone 5p/min
(08444521452)
PhoneCheap 5p/min
(08445667171)
TopUpDiscount 5p/min
DiscountDial 6p/min
(08717541212)
Phonebird 6p/min
(08717592473)
18185 7p/min *
Dialwise 7p/min
(08717725757)
Telesavers 7p/min
(08717722525)
Telestunt 7p/min
(08717725959)
Topupnow 7p/min **
Abroadtel 8p/min
(0871858000
DialAround 8p/min
(08715513737)
TeleTop 8p/min **
CheapestChat 8.10p/min
1899 9p/min *
Alpha Telecom 9p/min
Ratebuster 9p/min
(08713565656)
Tele88 9p/min
(0871 331 018
italk247 10p/min
(08719131010)
Liquid Dial Direct 10p/min
(08715970010)
Simply-Fone 10p/min
(08719194333)
call18866 14p/min *
Telediscount 15p/min
(09115012727)
BT 25p/min
Onetel 25p/min

Dave Saville

On Tue, 09 May 2006 07:43:48 +0100, Bob L wrote:

>There are better deals using ordinary POTS !, you dial a prefix - list
>follows
>
>info from
>http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...cker/index.php

Many thanks for that link - Should save us a fortune

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Peter Gradwell

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
> Dave Saville wrote:
>
>>Very new here.
>>
>>Any others? - I don't want any who lock you into the hardware etc. I take it
>>that they all work on "pay in advance" rather than "pay as you go".
>>

> This is bound to start a my-providers-better-than-yours thread.
> Gradwell don't work on Pay in Advance, they bill you monthly (although
> they charge a 25 sign-up fee).

Only for our IAX outbound service. Our free trial sip service is free
for the first 3 months (4/month there after).

peter

GwG

"Peter Gradwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44608f61$0$644$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>> Dave Saville wrote:
>>
>>>Very new here.
>>>
>>>Any others? - I don't want any who lock you into the hardware etc. I
>>>take it
>>>that they all work on "pay in advance" rather than "pay as you go".
>>>

>> This is bound to start a my-providers-better-than-yours thread.
>> Gradwell don't work on Pay in Advance, they bill you monthly
>> (although
>> they charge a 25 sign-up fee).

> Only for our IAX outbound service. Our free trial sip service is free
> for the first 3 months (4/month there after).

4.70 including VAT ?

Ivor Jones

"GwG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q328g.12439$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Peter Gradwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44608f61$0$644$(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> > Only for our IAX outbound service. Our free trial sip
> > service is free for the first 3 months (4/month there
> > after).

> 4.70 including VAT ?

Yes.

Ivor

Virgo17

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If the people you call also have SIP accounts, the call is free anyway,
>regardless of provider. Can you persuade them to get accounts also..?

Can I just confirm this. If I have an account with Sipgate and I make
a VOIP call to the ID of a customer on another provider network not
listed on the Sipgate associate page, the call is free?

V.