Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dimage 7 strange shutter problem

Dimage 7 strange shutter problem

Georges Rosset

I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.

Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?

Thank you for any feedback.

Georges Rosset
Geneva - Switzerland
(remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

Jeff Durham

Is it possible that you are trying to take pictures faster than the camera
can write to memory? Does the problem go away in a minute or so?

Jeff

"Georges Rosset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
> strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
> is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
> The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.
>
> Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?
>
> Thank you for any feedback.
>
> Georges Rosset
> Geneva - Switzerland
> (remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

Georges Rosset

No. The problem can appears anytime, even when the camera has been
idle for a while.
Georges

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:14:34 GMT,
"Jeff Durham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote (a écrit):

>Is it possible that you are trying to take pictures faster than the camera
>can write to memory? Does the problem go away in a minute or so?
>
>Jeff
>

>"Georges Rosset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
>> strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
>> is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
>> The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.
>>
>> Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?
>>
>> Thank you for any feedback.
>>
>> Georges Rosset
>> Geneva - Switzerland
>> (remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

Georges Rosset
Geneva - Switzerland
(remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

Jeff Durham

If it is under warranty, I would consider taking it in for repair then. The
other things to try might be different batteries or a different memory card.
Maybe one of those things is causing the camera to act up.

Jeff

"Georges Rosset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> No. The problem can appears anytime, even when the camera has been
> idle for a while.
> Georges
>

> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:14:34 GMT,
> "Jeff Durham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote (a écrit):
>
> >Is it possible that you are trying to take pictures faster than the

camera
> >can write to memory? Does the problem go away in a minute or so?
> >
> >Jeff
> >

> >"Georges Rosset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
> >> strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
> >> is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
> >> The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.
> >>
> >> Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?
> >>
> >> Thank you for any feedback.
> >>
> >> Georges Rosset
> >> Geneva - Switzerland
> >> (remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

> Georges Rosset
> Geneva - Switzerland
> (remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)

Bob

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:47:17 +0200, Georges Rosset
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
>strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
>is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
>The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.
>
>Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?
>
>Thank you for any feedback.

I had that a few times only - aimed the camera and pushed the button and
nothing... nothing at all... I turned it off and on and that fixed it...

Once I remember I had to remove the battery's to reset it.

No idea why, but only a few times in 2000 pics.