Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300

Canon A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300

Rhoniel

Hi,
I am going to buy a 4 MegaPixel digital camera. Which one should I get Canon
A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300? Thanks.

Rhoniel

Larry R Harrison Jr

"Rhoniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Hi,
> I am going to buy a 4 MegaPixel digital camera. Which one should I get

Canon
> A80 or Nikon Coolpix 4300? Thanks.
>
> Rhoniel

I am a Nikon fan but I would probably take the Canon A80 because of its
swivel LCD panel. I have found the swiveling LCD on my camera (not either
model) to be really handy. That's a good plus for the Canon.

LRH

Rhoniel

"Larry R Harrison Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am a Nikon fan but I would probably take the Canon A80 because of its
> swivel LCD panel. I have found the swiveling LCD on my camera (not either
> model) to be really handy. That's a good plus for the Canon.
>
> LRH

Thank you for your reply. Can you please comment on shutter lag and the
picture quality of either of these cameras? Thanks

Rhoniel

Ocean Tragic

I don't know much about the 4300 but I've just bought the A80 and am well
happy with it. The key thing I like is the ability to make it as manual
(aperture, shutter, focus) as you like.

After using SLRs for a couple of decades I didn't want a compact camera that
wouldn't let me do anything. I know there are better camera available but as
a whole I thought it was great - and the fact that my local Jessops were
doing it for 9 more than the cheapest internet place made it all the
better.

"Rhoniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Larry R Harrison Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I am a Nikon fan but I would probably take the Canon A80 because of its
> > swivel LCD panel. I have found the swiveling LCD on my camera (not

either
> > model) to be really handy. That's a good plus for the Canon.
> >
> > LRH

> Thank you for your reply. Can you please comment on shutter lag and the
> picture quality of either of these cameras? Thanks
>
> Rhoniel

John

I am happy with my A80. However, it is being discontinued and you can get it
for around $250 or less on the web.

If you want to use the usually cheaper cf memory and AA batteries, this is
the one.

John

"Ocean Tragic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:cc9quq$eco$(E-Mail Removed)...