Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Laptops connected wirelessly

Laptops connected wirelessly

=?Utf-8?B?UGVuZm9sZA==?=

I have 2 Dell laptops that i am trying to connect together. I have setup an
adhoc network which appears to work )i get a message telling me the nextwork
is connected) I have created a shared folder on one of the laptops which i
would like accessible from the other.
I have tried creating a shortcut and 'pointing' to the other computer but it
is not visble anywhere.

Any ideas as to where i have gone wrong.

Many Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBT?=

I'm assuming this is not part of a domain, but a workgroup.
Try making a user account with the same username and password on both
computers and assigning the appropriate shared and NTFS permissions on that
folder.

"Penfold" wrote:

> I have 2 Dell laptops that i am trying to connect together. I have setup an
> adhoc network which appears to work )i get a message telling me the nextwork
> is connected) I have created a shared folder on one of the laptops which i
> would like accessible from the other.
> I have tried creating a shortcut and 'pointing' to the other computer but it
> is not visble anywhere.
>
> Any ideas as to where i have gone wrong.
>
> Many Thanks

Jack

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).