Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > problem with Wireless Network Setup Wizard

problem with Wireless Network Setup Wizard

=?Utf-8?B?a2Vuc2hp?=

I have one desk top and two laptops connected through Linksys wireless
router. I was trying to " set up a wireless network for a home or small
office" on my main computer. I gave a name to my network, and new
cofiguration with WEP was given to USB flash drive, and I was supporsed to
plug it to all the wireless devices. However I realized that my wireless
router doesn't have a USB connection, so I could not complete the set-up.

Since then my wireless netowrk is not working, because the configuration is
half-finished. Does anybody know how I can erase this configuration, and get
back to how it was before?
Please help!

Ryan Younger

Depending on your model, you should be able to restore factory defaults by
pressing the Reset Button for approximately 10 seconds.

You should then setup WEP on the router itself and enter the key you
generate on each of your 3 machines.

--
All the best,

Ryan Younger.
Networking Weblog

"kenshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have one desk top and two laptops connected through Linksys wireless
> router. I was trying to " set up a wireless network for a home or small
> office" on my main computer. I gave a name to my network, and new
> cofiguration with WEP was given to USB flash drive, and I was supporsed to
> plug it to all the wireless devices. However I realized that my wireless
> router doesn't have a USB connection, so I could not complete the set-up.
>
> Since then my wireless netowrk is not working, because the configuration
> is
> half-finished. Does anybody know how I can erase this configuration, and
> get
> back to how it was before?
> Please help!

=?Utf-8?B?a2Vuc2hp?=

Thank you. I will try it.

"Ryan Younger" wrote:

> Depending on your model, you should be able to restore factory defaults by
> pressing the Reset Button for approximately 10 seconds.
>
> You should then setup WEP on the router itself and enter the key you
> generate on each of your 3 machines.
>

> --
> All the best,
>
> Ryan Younger.
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/wirelessnetworking/ - Ryan's Wireless
> Networking Weblog
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "kenshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have one desk top and two laptops connected through Linksys wireless
> > router. I was trying to " set up a wireless network for a home or small
> > office" on my main computer. I gave a name to my network, and new
> > cofiguration with WEP was given to USB flash drive, and I was supporsed to
> > plug it to all the wireless devices. However I realized that my wireless
> > router doesn't have a USB connection, so I could not complete the set-up.
> >
> > Since then my wireless netowrk is not working, because the configuration
> > is
> > half-finished. Does anybody know how I can erase this configuration, and
> > get
> > back to how it was before?
> > Please help!

=?Utf-8?B?VEhFcmlrc2Vu?=

I'm having the same problem. Did you get yours fixed? What did you do?