Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony F828

Sony F828

Philip

Hi All

Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special for
other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view !!

Phil.

Richard Cockburn

"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cSiEc.225$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi All
>
> Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
> regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more
> special for other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just
> wondering if the Sony F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from
> an ameture point of view !!
>
> Phil.

For about the same price, consider an entry level DSLR instead. You will
gain a larger sensor, better overall image quality, higher ISO settings,
and the ability to change lenses. The Canon Digital Rebel/300D and the
Nikon D70 are both excellent choices.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn

grenner

Not a good choice. Above 100 speed very noisy and color is not always
accurate. Go for a Canon 300D digital SLR for the same price with a lens
instead. From what I have researched none of the 8 megapixles from Canon,
Nikon, Sony, Minolta or Olympus are really that good for the $1000 price
point. I returned the 828 and got the 300D and have been very pleased

Greg
"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cSiEc.225$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
> regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special

for
> other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
> F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view

!!

> Phil.

Bouser

Strengths: wonderful lens, great handling, well-made, excellent image
quality at low ISO settings.

Downside: noise at ISO settings above 100.

If you want an 8MP ZLR, take a look at the Canon Pro 1.

"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cSiEc.225$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
> regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special

for
> other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
> F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view

!!

> Phil.

mark_digital

"Philip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:cSiEc.225$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi All

Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special for
other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view !!

Phil.
----------------
----------------
I recommend buying it's bounce flash if you decide on the F828. Battery life is very good. The extra emerald pixel sensor provides a very subtle difference many say they cannot see. I believe the camera is a great value for the money and should keep you very statisfied for a long time.

mark_

Richard J Kinch

Philip writes:

> Anyone out there got one of these cameras ??

Yes.

The feature that sold me was 45 minutes of 640x480 30 fps video, onto a 4
GB Microdrive. That and an 8 megapixel still camera are a great combo.

Sony F828 Rick Digital Photography 9 09-02-2003 04:49 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Gerard McGovern Digital Photography 30 08-29-2003 03:34 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Petzl Digital Photography 4 08-23-2003 12:50 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? BUNTOVNIK Digital Photography 15 08-21-2003 09:36 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Michael Meissner Digital Photography 2 08-20-2003 02:56 PM

Advertisments