Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Zoombrowser 4.6 date order wrong

Zoombrowser 4.6 date order wrong

mark

I have recently noticed that Zoombrowser 4.6 does not order pics in the
order in which they were shot as per the embedded EXIF date data but by
OS file date. I asked Canon support about this and received the
following two reply.

"You are correct when you say that zoom browser does not arrange photos
by the date they where taken rather the date they where put into a folder."

and when I asked about it being fixed...

"There are no plans to change zoom browser in the immediate future, and
as far as I am aware there no patches available with this function."

I don't understand what they mean by "...rather the date they where put
into a folder..." If they mean the file date then why didn't they just
say that!

They also didn't say that's the way its designed but said there were no
patches. Thus conceding it must be a bug.

Aarrgggh!

Tks,
mark