Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > epson 9600

epson 9600

Gene Palmiter

Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and what
are they going for?

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

Bob Hatch

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jaNDc.8718$(E-Mail Removed)
> Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and
> what are they going for?

Gene, I have a 7600 and the printer has been running for 18 months now
without a problem. I don't see how the 9600 would do less. The images are
stunning and if you use the Atkinson profiles from Epson and have a
calibrated monitor you should pretty much have a wysiwyg system.

I mostly use the Epson Premium Luster paper but have just tried a Pro Matte
from Lexjet I like better. I also use qimage to layout small prints on the
large paper, and that can save a bunch of time and paper.

Let us know what you decide to do.
--
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

Gene Palmiter

I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on canvas...they
sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with Genuine Fractals and
the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as large as 3x4 feet with good
results. I have sold them for $350 but they cost me $200. If I get a state
arts grant I am applying for I will get the printer...then I can get the
price down to where I can sell more of them.

"Bob Hatch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jaNDc.8718$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and
> > what are they going for?

> Gene, I have a 7600 and the printer has been running for 18 months now
> without a problem. I don't see how the 9600 would do less. The images are
> stunning and if you use the Atkinson profiles from Epson and have a
> calibrated monitor you should pretty much have a wysiwyg system.
>
> I mostly use the Epson Premium Luster paper but have just tried a Pro

Matte
> from Lexjet I like better. I also use qimage to layout small prints on the
> large paper, and that can save a bunch of time and paper.
>
> Let us know what you decide to do.
> --
> "Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
> this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke
> http://www.bobhatch.com

Bob Hatch

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SXNDc.8804$(E-Mail Removed)
> I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on
> canvas...they sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with
> Genuine Fractals and the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as
> large as 3x4 feet with good results. I have sold them for $350 but
> they cost me $200. If I get a state arts grant I am applying for I
> will get the printer...then I can get the price down to where I can
> sell more of them.

If you get the printer your cost for a 36 x 48 canvas will be about $29.82
give or take a little bit.

--
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke
http://www.bobhatch.com

gsum

I second Bob's comments. My 7600 paid for itself very quickly and
has worked perfectly for about 15 months. The 7600 costs about
2600 UK pounds inc tax. Not sure of the cost of the 9600.

Graham