Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Choices, choices

Choices, choices

stuart.cameron

Hi,
I hope to buy a digital SLR in the near future.
I have a short list of cameras I am looking at and would be grateful for any
views from current owners.

In no particular order:-

Fuji S2 pro ( I know the S3 will be out soon)
Nikon D100
Cannon 10D

I would be grateful for any info.

Stuart

Surfworx Photography

Hi Stuart,

I have the Fuji S2 Pro. Overall I'd say it's a great camera. Plusses are
that it is easy to just switch on and shoot. It has the full range of SLR
options. Images print out quite nicely at around 100x100cm's. You can use 2
types of memory cards. Auto bracketing. ISO 100-1600. I've had it around 2
years, and I've been pretty happy with it.

The negatives - CR123's are a bit of a pain. Frame rate of 2 fps for 8
frames is poor for sports. Like any other DSLR you'll have the dust problem.

I'm not a pro user, but I can say the camera will do most you'll want it to.
I chose it over the D100 and D60 at the time and don't regret it - but I'd
love to have 5fps for 40 frames.

With the S2 you'll have a choice of Nikon or Sigma lenses. From my
experience, try and stick with Nikon, the results and performance are worth
the extra expense. Canon lenses seem to be even better, but my budget can't
quite fit the range I'd like.

My local camera store hires out an S2, maybe you can source a local dealer
who'll hire you a DSLR for the day, so you can work out then whether it's
the camera for you. Nothing beats hands on trial and error.

Good luck!

Derrick

news:XxADc.43$(E-Mail Removed)...

Choices, Choices!!!! Leeland Clay MCAD 2 02-13-2006 01:53 PM
VL's Editor's Choices of 2005 @ Viperlair Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-03-2006 04:37 AM
Pix Choices Thomas Miller Cisco 3 05-02-2005 02:01 PM
Choices in MCAD anirudh.chandrakant@gmail.com Microsoft Certification 1 04-23-2005 05:55 PM
Choices, choices, choices. Scott Digital Photography 0 10-04-2004 06:15 PM

Advertisments