Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > In need of assistance!!!

Reply
Thread Tools

In need of assistance!!!

 
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
first of all, I've been using Thunderbird for quite some time now - and
I liked it... until now.

I went online and as usual, I checked for e-mails. Had a few, no problem.
But when I go to reply to them, I can't!
it gives me this:

Alert - An error occured while sending mail. Mail server responded -
permit denied. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in you
Mail preferences and try again.

needless to say, I've NEVER touched anything in the preferences since I
set the account up. I went under account settings and everything is the
way it is supposed to be. I ran complete sweeps on my computer for
spyware and viruses (found none) and I checked with my ISP, no problems
there.

I can receive e-mails fine, but I can not send any! It is VERY frustrating.
I tried making a new account and putting new settings in - same result.

if anyone has a solution to this, please let me know!!!!
oh, and since Thunderbird also handles Newsgroups, just to mention -
those work properly too.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
Tigarr wrote:

> first of all, I've been using Thunderbird for quite some time now - and
> I liked it... until now.
>
> I went online and as usual, I checked for e-mails. Had a few, no problem.
> But when I go to reply to them, I can't!
> it gives me this:
>
> Alert - An error occured while sending mail. Mail server responded -
> permit denied. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in you
> Mail preferences and try again.
>
> needless to say, I've NEVER touched anything in the preferences since I
> set the account up. I went under account settings and everything is the
> way it is supposed to be. I ran complete sweeps on my computer for
> spyware and viruses (found none) and I checked with my ISP, no problems
> there.
>
> I can receive e-mails fine, but I can not send any! It is VERY frustrating.
> I tried making a new account and putting new settings in - same result.
>
> if anyone has a solution to this, please let me know!!!!
> oh, and since Thunderbird also handles Newsgroups, just to mention -
> those work properly too.
>

Just to let you know, but sending and receive email are two different
protocols. And email and newsgroups are also separate protocols.
They are not related.

Close down TB, and start in Safe Mode. Do you have the same problem?
If not, then it might be an extension causing the problem. If so,
then close TB again, and start the Profile Manager. Create a new
profile and test it out in that one. Does the problem continue in the
new profile? If not, then you have a bad profile. Report back and
someone will help you transfering over. If so, then you have something
is wrong somewhere else. Report back and someone will help you with that.

You profile is where all your mail, newsgroups, preferences, and
settings are stored.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
gwtc wrote:

> Just to let you know, but sending and receive email are two different
> protocols. And email and newsgroups are also separate protocols. They
> are not related.
>
> Close down TB, and start in Safe Mode. Do you have the same problem?
> If not, then it might be an extension causing the problem. If so, then
> close TB again, and start the Profile Manager. Create a new profile and
> test it out in that one. Does the problem continue in the new profile?
> If not, then you have a bad profile. Report back and someone will help
> you transfering over. If so, then you have something is wrong somewhere
> else. Report back and someone will help you with that.
>
> You profile is where all your mail, newsgroups, preferences, and
> settings are stored.


I know they are seperate (as well as newsgroups) but the TB program does
handle it all. (SMTP with outgoing, mail with incoming)

I just tried it in safe mode.. same problem. (I had tried creating a new
profile earlier with the same result).. can receive, cannot send.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.. I'm nearly ready to pull my
hair out over here. Just find it odd it worked on my current ISP
perfectly from June 29th (when I signed on to Comcast) until yesterday
then this morning decided to stop working properly. (my last e-mail I
was able to send was around 3:30 pm yesterday) (just before bed - I work
late at night)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Faun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> any advice would be greatly appreciated.. I'm nearly ready to pull my
> hair out over here. Just find it odd it worked on my current ISP


Just to test whether you can send at all, try downloading some small e-
mail client and set this up and have a go. If that works, then you have
something wrong with your T-bird installation, if this doesn't work
either, using the data your ISP gave you, then it's time to contact
them.

I suggest the following client (I ditched the over-bloated TB for it),
easy to use, easy to set up, small, and free (doesn't require a setup if
you choose the ZIP version), but it doesn't do news:
http://www.memecode.com/scribe.php


Good luck.


F.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
Tigarr wrote:
> first of all, I've been using Thunderbird for quite some time now - and
> I liked it... until now.
>
> I went online and as usual, I checked for e-mails. Had a few, no problem.
> But when I go to reply to them, I can't!
> it gives me this:
>
> Alert - An error occured while sending mail. Mail server responded -
> permit denied. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in you
> Mail preferences and try again.
>
> needless to say, I've NEVER touched anything in the preferences since I
> set the account up. I went under account settings and everything is the
> way it is supposed to be. I ran complete sweeps on my computer for
> spyware and viruses (found none) and I checked with my ISP, no problems
> there.
>
> I can receive e-mails fine, but I can not send any! It is VERY frustrating.
> I tried making a new account and putting new settings in - same result.
>
> if anyone has a solution to this, please let me know!!!!
> oh, and since Thunderbird also handles Newsgroups, just to mention -
> those work properly too.
>


an update...

it seems that my ISP / Thunderbird is having issues with sending e-mails
to any Hotmail account. I was able to send to a couple yahoo ones as
well as some newsgroups (like here) and yahoo groups.. but when I try to
send to a couple of my friends who only have Hotmail.com accounts, that
is when the error occurs. It gives me a 550 error : permit denied.

Anyone have any inkling what that is?
I checked on Hotmail's website and it says the servers are all up and
running.

Could it be on hotmail's end or my ISP's end?

thanks again.
 
Reply With Quote
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
Tigarr wrote:

> Tigarr wrote:
>
>>first of all, I've been using Thunderbird for quite some time now - and
>>I liked it... until now.
>>
>>I went online and as usual, I checked for e-mails. Had a few, no problem.
>>But when I go to reply to them, I can't!
>>it gives me this:
>>
>>Alert - An error occured while sending mail. Mail server responded -
>>permit denied. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in you
>>Mail preferences and try again.
>>
>>needless to say, I've NEVER touched anything in the preferences since I
>>set the account up. I went under account settings and everything is the
>>way it is supposed to be. I ran complete sweeps on my computer for
>>spyware and viruses (found none) and I checked with my ISP, no problems
>>there.
>>
>>I can receive e-mails fine, but I can not send any! It is VERY frustrating.
>>I tried making a new account and putting new settings in - same result.
>>
>>if anyone has a solution to this, please let me know!!!!
>>oh, and since Thunderbird also handles Newsgroups, just to mention -
>>those work properly too.
>>

>
>
> an update...
>
> it seems that my ISP / Thunderbird is having issues with sending e-mails
> to any Hotmail account. I was able to send to a couple yahoo ones as
> well as some newsgroups (like here) and yahoo groups.. but when I try to
> send to a couple of my friends who only have Hotmail.com accounts, that
> is when the error occurs. It gives me a 550 error : permit denied.
>
> Anyone have any inkling what that is?
> I checked on Hotmail's website and it says the servers are all up and
> running.
>
> Could it be on hotmail's end or my ISP's end?
>
> thanks again.

I believe the problem is Hotmail. They're blocking messages from your
server.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005
gwtc wrote:

> I believe the problem is Hotmail. They're blocking messages from your
> server.


I almost had another error (said Tempfail on it) but when I tried it a
second time (this was through a multi-e-mail list) it went through...

so it's just hotmail right now...

ok... I went to hotmail's website.. (even made an account with them) and
sent them an e-mail asking about this, but haven't heard a response....

just odd that for months now it's worked and suddenly they block? (and
nothing on the hotmail website says anything about this)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005
Tigarr wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>> I believe the problem is Hotmail. They're blocking messages from your
>> server.

>
>
> I almost had another error (said Tempfail on it) but when I tried it a
> second time (this was through a multi-e-mail list) it went through...
>
> so it's just hotmail right now...
>
> ok... I went to hotmail's website.. (even made an account with them) and
> sent them an e-mail asking about this, but haven't heard a response....
>
> just odd that for months now it's worked and suddenly they block? (and
> nothing on the hotmail website says anything about this)


ok...another update... seems like it's not my ISP entirely... and it's
not being blocked on purpose.

According to my ISP (Comcast), they are reporting that MSN & Hotmail are
experiencing problems receiving e-mail from certain domains (such as
Comcast) and if unable to send, try sending message again at a later
time. Microsoft is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it as
soon as possible.

and here I thought it was Thunderbird at first..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dustyfan nieuws
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005
Tigarr wrote:
> Tigarr wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:
>>
>>> I believe the problem is Hotmail. They're blocking messages from
>>> your server.

>>
>>
>> I almost had another error (said Tempfail on it) but when I tried it a
>> second time (this was through a multi-e-mail list) it went through...
>>
>> so it's just hotmail right now...
>>
>> ok... I went to hotmail's website.. (even made an account with them)
>> and sent them an e-mail asking about this, but haven't heard a
>> response....
>>
>> just odd that for months now it's worked and suddenly they block? (and
>> nothing on the hotmail website says anything about this)

>
> ok...another update... seems like it's not my ISP entirely... and it's
> not being blocked on purpose.
>
> According to my ISP (Comcast), they are reporting that MSN & Hotmail are
> experiencing problems receiving e-mail from certain domains (such as
> Comcast) and if unable to send, try sending message again at a later
> time. Microsoft is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it as
> soon as possible.
>
> and here I thought it was Thunderbird at first..
>


Why do you want to use hotmail anyway, if it's
not to rude to ask? If you rather feel like
using gmail, let me know, as I still have invites.

Paula
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tigarr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005
Dustyfan nieuws wrote:

> Why do you want to use hotmail anyway, if it's not to rude to ask? If
> you rather feel like using gmail, let me know, as I still have invites.
>
> Paula


I have 2 very special (close) friends and the only way to keep in
contact with them is via e-mail (as of right now)... and it just happens
that both of them use Hotmail (and only hotmail) - so, until hotmail and
my ISP clear up the problem - I have to go to hotmail's site and e-mail
them directly from there.

and no, it's not too rude to ask..

Will
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to "shred" hardive..need software. Xeno Chauvin Computer Support 4 03-13-2005 01:26 PM
Need help with need to Force Garbage Collect John Java 1 08-19-2004 03:32 PM
Need help! I need to add lead zeros to a textbox Teep ASP .Net 2 06-21-2004 01:04 PM
Please help!!! Need datagrid selection to fill textboxes...Need quick!! TN Bella ASP .Net 1 06-18-2004 01:31 AM
Need to compare Photos to DVD software - Need Help? Bob Digital Photography 4 02-04-2004 02:13 AM



Advertisments