Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese

World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese

Bunny

World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
preview with samples
Enjoy.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

Gene Palmiter

Interesting ....and innovative. What is that lever in the top left corner of
the shot? My digital doesn't have that and I am wondering if I need it?

"Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb62ab$1ks7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
> preview with samples
> Enjoy.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

Gene Palmiter

OK...I thought this was a joke...an old photo of a film camera to see who
would bite. But I blew it up and it does say digital and it does have a film
advance. Very strange.

"Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb62ab$1ks7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
> preview with samples
> Enjoy.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

David J. Littleboy

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a3CBc.18290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Interesting ....and innovative. What is that lever in the top left corner

of
> the shot? My digital doesn't have that and I am wondering if I need it?

Powers the generator. Retro cameras don't use batteries.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

BluDog

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:59:02 +0800, "Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
>preview with samples
>Enjoy.
>
>http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

There is a bit more info on DPReview:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0406/04...onrd1samps.asp

Tony Spadaro

It's another POS from the Cosina factory. They didn't even bother to put a
servo on the shutter so it still needs a thumb lever. Not that the
Panoson--- err Leica digital is any better. Film companies that can't even
modernize their bodies before plunking a sensor inside are not going to gain
much marketplace.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb62ab$1ks7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
> preview with samples
> Enjoy.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

Darrell Larose

It was shown February 14, 2004 at the PMA show. It was discussed here at
that time. Not really news anymore

"Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb62ab$1ks7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
> preview with samples
> Enjoy.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

Mark B.

"Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb62ab$1ks7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
> preview with samples
> Enjoy.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

This is destined to be a collector's item for aficionados.

Mark

Big Bill

wrote:

>World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
>preview with samples
>Enjoy.
>
>http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04031101epsonrd1.asp
This one is in English

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Phil Wheeler

Big Bill wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:59:02 +0800, "Bunny" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
>>preview with samples
>>Enjoy.
>>
>>http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm
>>

> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04031101epsonrd1.asp
> This one is in English

I wonder what the film advance lever does?

Phil