Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > how to get information about a particular stored digital shot?

how to get information about a particular stored digital shot?

Jimmy Smith

How do I read the digital photo information about the shots I have stored on
my computer?

For example, is the aperture value, shutter speed, ISO etc. all stored with
the photo such that I can read them?

I am running WinXP and I also have Photoshop Elements.

Jimmy

Linda

I use Paint Shop Pro and just open the image in that and then click on Image
Information. All of the info is there.

I'm not sure about Photoshop--never used it but I would think the process
would be similar.

"Jimmy Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TVlBc.2813$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I read the digital photo information about the shots I have stored

on
> my computer?
>
> For example, is the aperture value, shutter speed, ISO etc. all stored

with
> the photo such that I can read them?
>
> I am running WinXP and I also have Photoshop Elements.
>
> Jimmy

John Bean

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:01:04 -0400, Jimmy Smith wrote:

> How do I read the digital photo information about the shots I have stored on
> my computer?
>
> For example, is the aperture value, shutter speed, ISO etc. all stored with
> the photo such that I can read them?
>
> I am running WinXP and I also have Photoshop Elements.

As you're using XP you can right-click on the file and select "Properties".
Select the "Summary" tab, click the "Advanced" button.

--
John Bean

The computer is a moron (Peter Drucker)

Larry Miller

Click on File then File Info and you will find all of the Metadata.

"Jimmy Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TVlBc.2813$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I read the digital photo information about the shots I have stored

on
> my computer?
>
> For example, is the aperture value, shutter speed, ISO etc. all stored

with
> the photo such that I can read them?
>
> I am running WinXP and I also have Photoshop Elements.
>
> Jimmy

Paul H.

"Jimmy Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TVlBc.2813$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I read the digital photo information about the shots I have stored

on
> my computer?
>
> For example, is the aperture value, shutter speed, ISO etc. all stored

with
> the photo such that I can read them?
>
> I am running WinXP and I also have Photoshop Elements.
>
> Jimmy

Download and install Irfanview and all plugins at www.irfanview.com . When
viewing a picture with Irfanview, press "I" for "information", followed by
"E" for EXIF data. Irfanview is freeware.