Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D200 - the D100 replacement?

D200 - the D100 replacement?

Curious

Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

Brian C. Baird

In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!

All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a semi-pro
SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.

sid derra

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

> It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!

having worked with the d100 and bought the d70 that was exactly what popped
into my mind.

Anonymous

I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the features
the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)

While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.

Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

> It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!
>
> All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a semi-pro
> SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.

Jack

They are. But why do you want TIF?

-Jack

"Anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the

features
> the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)
>
> While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.
>
> Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...
>

> "Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

> > It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!
> >
> > All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a semi-pro
> > SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.

Anonymous

They are what?

news:catbno$r27$(E-Mail Removed)...
> They are. But why do you want TIF?
>
> -Jack
>

> "Anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the

> features
> > the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)
> >
> > While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.
> >
> > Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...
> >

> > "Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > > In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > >
> > > It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!
> > >
> > > All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a

semi-pro
> > > SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.

Tom Scales

They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. Oh wait,
that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

> It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!
>
> All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a semi-pro
> SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.

George

"Anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the

features
> the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)
>
> While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.

But, it has features lacking on the D100, such as iTTL. TIF, I don't know
why anyone would care about that with NEF files available and the removable
vertical grip is more of a comfort feature, i.e., if you find the
D70 comfortable to use as it is, then who cares?

> Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

Are you REALLY sure you want to buy that much memory to store pictures? I
really don't see a visible advantage (at least for any prints in sizes I am
interested in making) over 6 Mp.

leo

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> But, it has features lacking on the D100, such as iTTL. TIF, I don't know
> why anyone would care about that with NEF files available and the

removable
> vertical grip is more of a comfort feature, i.e., if you find the
> D70 comfortable to use as it is, then who cares?
>

> > Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

> Are you REALLY sure you want to buy that much memory to store pictures? I
> really don't see a visible advantage (at least for any prints in sizes I

am
> interested in making) over 6 Mp.

I don't care about Nikon because I have a 300D but I can tell you that I
want MORE pixels, as long as it's not hitting diminish return. I like the
12"x18" prints from 300D but I can still see slight blury at edges up close.
It's usable, of course, in normal viewing distance for that size. Surely,
the print could even be better if I master upsizing and sharpening
technique. It's very doable because there's practically no noise but I am
not interested in empty pixels...

Brian C. Baird

says...
> They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. Oh wait,
> that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

Not quite. Canon already had the very able D60 in its lineup for some
time.

Regardless, my comment was directed at the market - not the camera.