Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Shooting macro: wide angle lens or closeup filter?

Shooting macro: wide angle lens or closeup filter?

Zarko Jovanovic

Hi,

I'm planning to shoot some bugs and other macro subjects, I have Canon A70
and there's a possibility for add-on lenses. I'm pretty sure what will I get
with a wide angle (0.7x) converter, but how does closeup filter work. Can
you show me some examples with wide angle lens with and without closeup
filter.

You can send me pictures by mail, also (don't be affraid to send megabyte or
two), just remove anti-spam from my email address (note below)

tia

Zarko

remove RmEaMkOnViEoTHvIoS from my email

DiVenZ

"Zarko Jovanovic" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
bericht news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to shoot some bugs and other macro subjects, I have Canon A70
> and there's a possibility for add-on lenses. I'm pretty sure what will I

get
> with a wide angle (0.7x) converter, but how does closeup filter work. Can
> you show me some examples with wide angle lens with and without closeup
> filter.
>
> You can send me pictures by mail, also (don't be affraid to send megabyte

or
> two), just remove anti-spam from my email address (note below)
>
> tia
>
> Zarko

Wide-angle is nice for elephants. For bugs (unless there really big) you
want a tele-converter.
Macro (close-up) lenses wil make your subjects bigger on the film or ccd.
(for more detail)
Regards
Div