Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 1Ds mkII? No more 1Ds in UK

1Ds mkII? No more 1Ds in UK

Keith Cooper

Hi

It seems that Canon UK are saying that the 1Ds is 'no longer current',
they certainly are getting very difficult to find in stock.

Does anyone has any info on a possible Canon 1Ds MkII ?

The best I've found on the net points to at least 16 MP and much
improved high iso performance, but not till Autumn. Given the current
shortages, that seems a long wait...

bye for now

Keith Cooper
Northlight Images
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk
mail 1ds at domain above

Stan Prevost

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/

"Keith Cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> It seems that Canon UK are saying that the 1Ds is 'no longer current',
> they certainly are getting very difficult to find in stock.
>
> Does anyone has any info on a possible Canon 1Ds MkII ?
>
> The best I've found on the net points to at least 16 MP and much
> improved high iso performance, but not till Autumn. Given the current
> shortages, that seems a long wait...
>

> bye for now
>
> Keith Cooper
> Northlight Images
> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk
> mail 1ds at domain above

Sorby

I think Keith was referring to the 1Ds, not the 1D

--
Sorby

"Stan Prevost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/
>

> "Keith Cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > It seems that Canon UK are saying that the 1Ds is 'no longer current',
> > they certainly are getting very difficult to find in stock.
> >
> > Does anyone has any info on a possible Canon 1Ds MkII ?
> >
> > The best I've found on the net points to at least 16 MP and much
> > improved high iso performance, but not till Autumn. Given the current
> > shortages, that seems a long wait...
> >

> > bye for now
> >
> > Keith Cooper
> > Northlight Images
> > http://www.northlight-images.co.uk
> > mail 1ds at domain above

Bill Hilton

>From: "Stan Prevost" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/

That's the replacement for the 1D, not the 1Ds ...

Keith Cooper

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Sorby" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I think Keith was referring to the 1Ds, not the 1D
>
> --
> Sorby

Yup 1Ds.

People have suggested Photokina in September as a possible announcement
date, but I know several people who are finding it difficult to locate
them in the UK right now. Seems a long wait?

The comment about them being 'delisted' by Canon came from a dealer who
was given it as an excuse by a Canon rep, but what do they know

bye for now
Keith Cooper
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk
mail 1ds at domain above

Stan Prevost

"Sorby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think Keith was referring to the 1Ds, not the 1D
>
> --

Yep. My bad.

Big Bill

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:51:17 +0100, Keith Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Sorby" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>> I think Keith was referring to the 1Ds, not the 1D
>>
>> --
>> Sorby

>Yup 1Ds.
>
>People have suggested Photokina in September as a possible announcement
>date, but I know several people who are finding it difficult to locate
>them in the UK right now. Seems a long wait?
>
>The comment about them being 'delisted' by Canon came from a dealer who
>was given it as an excuse by a Canon rep, but what do they know

I was in Fry's Electronics the other day, looking for a Compact Flash
PCMCIA adapter. I was told by an associate that Fry's doesn't carry
them.
They do, of course, but not in that associate's area.

Be very wary when a salesperson tells you why they don't carry an
item; it's been my observation that they will say something to give
the impression that they are "in the know", regardless of the fact
that they just don't know why they don't have it.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

this old user

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "Stan Prevost" (E-Mail Removed)

> >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/

> That's the replacement for the 1D, not the 1Ds ...

According to the new Canon site at www.canoneos.com the upgrade path from
the 1D is the 1Ds!

I'm sure someone will catch it eventually can change that to the Mk II.