Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > clean my 3.5" disc drive in my Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 ?

clean my 3.5" disc drive in my Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 ?

Pal

How can I clean my 3.5" disc drive in my Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 ?
It takes the picture and then grinds away while writing to the disc.
Then I can only use the disc once as it gets damaged. Sometimes I have
trouble reading
that disc in my computer.

Lionel

Kibo informs me that "Pal" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated that:

>How can I clean my 3.5" disc drive in my Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 ?
>It takes the picture and then grinds away while writing to the disc.
>Then I can only use the disc once as it gets damaged. Sometimes I have
>trouble reading
>that disc in my computer.

A normal 3.5" drive cleaning kit should work fine. If you're comfortable
with working on delicate equipment, cleaning the heads by hand with a
cotton swab & some alcohol works just as well, & is a lot cheaper.