Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Publishing photos to a web page

Publishing photos to a web page

Mick

Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
do this.
Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
thumbnail displays the full size photo.
If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
create a meaningful web page to display them all?
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Mick

Frank

On 15 Jun 2004 19:33:42 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mick) wrote:

>Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
>and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
>I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
>ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
>do this.
> Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
>create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
>thumbnail displays the full size photo.
> If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
>create a meaningful web page to display them all?
> Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mick

Take a look at JALBUM. It is free and does a good job for me. To se a
result, go to http://www.hamfest.org and click on the "Photo Gallery"
link. The pictures are not anything to be proud of for creative
quality, but are a pretty good record of the event. Jalbum does the
job with a minimum of fuss. I'm sure there are others.

Ed

Mick,

Adobe's Photoshop Elements will do what you ask. It will create the
thumbnails and the webpage ready for you to put on your website.

Ed

"Mick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
> and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
> I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
> ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
> do this.
> Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
> create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
> thumbnail displays the full size photo.
> If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
> create a meaningful web page to display them all?
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mick

Jon C

Web Page Generator. I use it on my web page, and I love it.

http://ckso.uhome.net/

"Mick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
> and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
> I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
> ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
> do this.
> Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
> create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
> thumbnail displays the full size photo.
> If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
> create a meaningful web page to display them all?
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mick

Natalia Blomeier

Hi Mick,

> Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
> create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
> thumbnail displays the full size photo.
> If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
> create a meaningful web page to display them all?
> Any ideas ?

Take a look at our Slide Show Pilot:
http://www.colorpilot.com/slideshow.html

See the topic "How to generate Web Gallery" on the top of the page.

Sincerely,

Natalia Blomeier
Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com