Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question about digital photography bibliography

Question about digital photography bibliography

Fausto

Hi:

Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.

Many thanks

Paul Riemerman

Personally, I think your best choice is read the manual to understand how to
use all your specific camera's features, then pick up a general photography
book to learn what the features will accomplish and general tips on
photography. Composition, etc. are the same in digital and film photography,
except choosing the moment in film photography should probably be changed to
anticipating the moment in a slower reacting digital camera.

Paul Riemerman

"Fausto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:can22a$ler$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
> specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.
>
> Many thanks

Fausto

I am not looking for features of any camera, I am looking for
information and concepts related to digital photography. So I am looking
for books about digital photography in general, not about composition,
just digital photography.

Thanks.

Paul Riemerman wrote:
> Personally, I think your best choice is read the manual to understand how to
> use all your specific camera's features, then pick up a general photography
> book to learn what the features will accomplish and general tips on
> photography. Composition, etc. are the same in digital and film photography,
> except choosing the moment in film photography should probably be changed to
> anticipating the moment in a slower reacting digital camera.
>
> Paul Riemerman
>

> "Fausto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:can22a$ler$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
>>specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.
>>
>>Many thanks

Pittsburgh bound

Don't read, take pictures.

"Fausto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:can22a$ler$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
> specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.
>
> Many thanks

Renee

I took out a bunch of books from my local library. Among the batch, my
favorite two were:

1) Rick Sammon's Complete Guide to Digital Photography, 2004, W.W. Norton &
Company
2) Complete Digital Photography Second Edition, Ben Long, 2003, Charles
River Media, Inc.

They both come with CDs.

Ben Long's book has several errors in it: it'll tell you to look at Figure
XX on Page XX, and the Figure will be on another page. It also says the CD
comes with a Photoshop demo, but it's actually Photoshop Elements. The book
is still worth looking at.

You're better off checking the library before the bookstores, and take some
notes while reading them. Both books give you good basic digital photography
information.

I made sure to read my camera's manual a couple of times to get familar with
which features apply to the descriptions in the books.

Renee

"Fausto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:can22a$ler$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
> specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.
>
> Many thanks

Gene Palmiter

Right...RTFM...its the most important book....and look up any words or
concepts you don't understand. Shoot lots of photos....and review
them....discover when and why your particular camera messes up. Check out a
book on composition....it will get you started...but you graduate from the
course when you start deviating from the rules. Taking the photo is one
skill....doing something with it ...Photoshop....display...those are other
skills.

news:fVIzc.104947$(E-Mail Removed) m...

&