Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D100 4gb?

D100 4gb?

Jack

Can a Nikon D100 use a 4GB microdirve to it's full potential?

If so, what are the requirements?

D100's firmware version?
4GB microdrive brand?
etc?

If not, I guess I'll just have to keep uing the IBM 1GB microdrive...

thanks for all the help advance.

paul

Ron Risman

Hi Paul,

The Nikon D100 has been tested with the Lexar Media 4GB (40x) card with
write acceleration. The card was formatted as Fat32 with 4k cluster size.
The test was performed by Rob Galbraith
(http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...cid=6007-6020).

I hope this information helps.

Ron Risman, Webmaster
Website: www.Cameratown.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can a Nikon D100 use a 4GB microdirve to it's full potential?
>
> If so, what are the requirements?
>
> D100's firmware version?
> 4GB microdrive brand?
> etc?
>
> If not, I guess I'll just have to keep uing the IBM 1GB microdrive...
>
> thanks for all the help advance.
>
> paul

JRS

After losing the invaluable contents of my 1gb drive after a very undramatic
fall of two feet to the floor, I have decided to:
- Never but microdrive storage media again
- Stick w 512MB or less multiple flash cards rather than one huge one
- get really fast ones (40X,, I use Lexar)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jose
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can a Nikon D100 use a 4GB microdirve to it's full potential?
>
> If so, what are the requirements?
>
> D100's firmware version?
> 4GB microdrive brand?
> etc?
>
> If not, I guess I'll just have to keep uing the IBM 1GB microdrive...
>
> thanks for all the help advance.
>
> paul

Jack

thank you all for your input, I'll check out the web page..

It's just i'm going on vacation up in the mountains and would like to
bring as little as possible - especially additional fragile CF cards.

paul