Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A magazine vs. Internet price question

A magazine vs. Internet price question

laocmo

I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
what's up?

Donald Gray

On 13 Jun 2004 10:29:46 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (laocmo) wrote:

>I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
>significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
>publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
>what's up?

From my experience, adverts in UK magazines seem to be set 6 weeks
ahead of publication date.

When I wanted to get a Nikon 5700, I got 2 - 3 of the latest magazines
and a block of 'sticky notes'. I tagged each dealer that supplied the
Nikon and had a web site (99.9% do) and compared prices - After noting
all the prices, I printed out the appropriate page of the cheapest and
went down to the local store of a 'national' dealer and asked if they
would match the price - they did....(They wont give a discount if you
don't ask for one!) Plus the 100 UK pounds cash back from Nikon, I
saved 300 pounds by a doing a couple of hours homework.

Generally, I have found 'net prices cheaper than store or magazine
prices. The opposite of your experience. Strange init.

--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

Tony Spadaro

you are reading the prices from the rip-off shops who never deliver at the
price they advertise.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"laocmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
> significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
> publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
> what's up?

Donald Gray

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:06:07 GMT, "Tony Spadaro"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>you are reading the prices from the rip-off shops who never deliver at the
>price they advertise.

Another blanket 'tar all' comment.
What a crass comment Tony.

How the hell do you know which adverts I read.

Go away and think about it. (Hint: you weren't there!)
--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

Mark B.

"laocmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
> significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
> publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
> what's up?

Depends on which adverts you're talking about.

Mark

Tony Spadaro

If you ask, for an opiion - you are going to get one. My opinion is that you
are a complete shitehead and not worth further waste of time, so I'm
killfiling your moron ass. I hope you do the same for me as I don't think an
Ahole like you can benefit from my knowledge or experience anyway and I
don't wish to be blamed for the stupid things you will do. Farewell loser.
--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at