Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question for the group

Question for the group

LJThomas1227

Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you will
read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I came
across.

The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran into
a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was a
different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with mouth
gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.

I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?

The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.

Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well.

--

~^O^~

A lot has been said about politics; some of it complimentary, but most
of it accurate.
---Eric Idle

Amanita, Private Dancer

LJThomas1227 <(E-Mail Removed)> quit loving on the ButtMonkey
of Paradise long enough to tell us:

> My question to you, dear
> usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
> him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?

**** just let it go. There's a lot of **** like that going on and much to
everyone's surprise, the women involved usually aren't bothered by it. What
you see as demeaning is just another person's way of life.

--
A.M.A.N.I.T.A.:
Artificial Mechanical Android Normally for Infiltration and Terran

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"LJThomas1227" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nnbolvgx234s3o9!(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you

will
> read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I

came
> across.
>
> The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran

into
> a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
> kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was

> different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
> hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with

mouth
> gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.
>
> I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
> demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
> usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and

let
> him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?
>
> The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.
>
> Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
> been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well.

Wow, seven mothers-in-law! It doesn't get much worse than that.

Jack H.

"LJThomas1227" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nnbolvgx234s3o9!(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Thank you, usenet citizens, for opening my post. Hopefully, you will
> read, understand, and give some advice on this troubling dilemma I came
> across.
>
> The other day, as I was walking to the local grocery store, I ran into
> a man with seven wives. No, they weren't carrying sacks of cats and
> kits, but they were each carrying a small handbag. Each handbag was a
> different color, and each handbag matched the dresses, shoes and
> hairbands the women were wearing. As I stood there staring with mouth
> gaping open, it dawned on me that the man had color-coded his wives.
>
> I watched the man walk past without commenting on this hideously
> demeaning treatment of these women. My question to you, dear
> usenetters, is if I see this man again, should I speak my mind and let
> him know how detrimental this behavior is to our society as a whole?
>
> The moral indignation placed upon these women haunts me to this day.
>
> Anyway, so how have you all been? It's been a long time since I've
> been around. Here's to hoping you've all been doing well.

Who are you to comment on the rituals and customs of another culture?
I mean in here it is ok, but be respectful of another person's rights is all
I am saying.

> --
>
> ~^O^~
>
> A lot has been said about politics; some of it complimentary, but most
> of it accurate.
> ---Eric Idle

Howm Gone J