Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help! Concerns about my new (used) Canon D30

Help! Concerns about my new (used) Canon D30

Folks,

Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.

Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
aware of?

Any advice is appreciated.

Chuck

Jim Townsend

> Folks,
>
> Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
> camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
> have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
> compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
>
> Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
> aware of?
>

> Any advice is appreciated.

What color is the cast and how bad is it.. Is it a solid color or just
a noticeable tint. (Better yet.. can you post a link to an example image) ?

What happens when you shoot RAW ?

Skip M

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1uGyc.14134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Folks,
>
> Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
> camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
> have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
> compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
>
> Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
> aware of?
>

> Any advice is appreciated.
>

> Chuck

Parameters are set in ZoomBrowser, not on the camera as they are on more
recent cameras. Do you have a manual? It tells you how in that... (Polite
way of saying RTFM! )
The color cast on mine was poor, until I set the parameters on Saturated.
--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Skip, Jim. I've ordered a manual. Let me try your advice and I'll let you
know. Skp, your advice appreciated.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1uGyc.14134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Folks,
>
> Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
> camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
> have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
> compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
>
> Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
> aware of?
>

> Any advice is appreciated.
>

> Chuck

Skip M

If you can't get one, I have it on CD, I'd be glad to send a copy along...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O_Oyc.1098$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skip, Jim. I've ordered a manual. Let me try your advice and I'll let

you
> know. Skp, your advice appreciated.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1uGyc.14134$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Folks,
> >
> > Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
> > camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem

> > have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
> > compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
> >
> > Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just

not
> > aware of?
> >

> > Any advice is appreciated.
> >

> > Chuck

Gordo Laqua

> If you can't get one, I have it on CD, I'd be glad to send a copy
> along...

You can find it online here
http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/pdf/d30_hw.pdf

"I didn't get rich by writing a lot of cheques."
- Bill Gates to Homer Simpson

Ron Risman

Hi,

You can find product manuals for many digital cameras over at
www.cameratown.com.

Here is the link to the EOS-D30 Manuals (Instruction and Software).
http://www.cameratown.com/manuals/index.cfm?pid=C181021

Ron Risman, Webmaster
website: www.cameratown.com

news:Xns9507CFE92BD57nospampleaseteluspla@198.161. 157.145...