Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon EOS 10d & Nissin 4800gt Flash

Canon EOS 10d & Nissin 4800gt Flash

fredbasset

Hi
I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
results.

I have also got a Nissin 4800gt bracket flash which over the years has
proved itself to be both reliable and very accurate with its built in
exposure calculations.

I feel really comfortable when using this flash / camera combination as it
provides a very comfortable hand grip along with a fairly powerful flash
output.

So far I have not tried it with the 10d because someone told me that it
might be the wrong voltage and could burn out the electronics in the camera,
but I am dying to be able to connect it up.

Canon will not give me an answer because they want to sell their own flash
guns, but they are not nearly as good as this one.

I have searched the web and found an American site filled with just about
every flash ever made and its individual compatibilities with modern digital
camera's and it says quite clearly that this flash is ok to use with the
10d.

But I'm still a bit worried. How can I really find out if it is OK. Does
anyone here have any knowledge of this gun or how I can test it for
compatibility or anywhere that I can go to find the answer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Gerry

George Preddy

"fredbasset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cac62e$b85$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi
> I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
> original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
> now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
> have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
> results.

Oh man, are you going to get it from our herd of 12 year olds...

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, George
Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "fredbasset" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<cac62e$b85$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hi
> > I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
> > original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
> > now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
> > have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
> > results.

> Oh man, are you going to get it from our herd of 12 year olds...

Talking to yourself again, George?