Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > canon teleconverter TC-DC52 - anybody tried it?

canon teleconverter TC-DC52 - anybody tried it?

Zarko Jovanovic

has anybody tried canon TC-DC52 teleconverter on a canon A70 (or A60, A40
A75, A80).

I heard TCON17 (it's not canon, I forgot what brand it is) is sharp, can I
mount it on canon a70 with adapter ring (adapter ring is 52mm)

any other good teleconverter about 100-150$?

thanks

p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
particular camera, but all other opinions matter.

Rick

"Zarko Jovanovic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> has anybody tried canon TC-DC52 teleconverter on a canon A70 (or A60, A40
> A75, A80).
>
> I heard TCON17 (it's not canon, I forgot what brand it is) is sharp, can I
> mount it on canon a70 with adapter ring (adapter ring is 52mm)
>
> any other good teleconverter about 100-150$?
>
> thanks
>
> p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
> particular camera, but all other opinions matter.

We had a TC-DC52 when we had our A40 (we sold it for an
S1 IS a few months ago). Image quality was excellent, and the
only issues we had were some vignetting at minimum zoom
levels (to be expected, and not really a problem), and the hassle
of constantly putting the teleconverter on and taking it off.

You might want to search related message threads at
http://forums.powershot-a.com/. Search for "teleconverter".

Rick

Zol.

"Zarko Jovanovic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> has anybody tried canon TC-DC52 teleconverter on a canon A70 (or A60, A40
> A75, A80).
>
> I heard TCON17 (it's not canon, I forgot what brand it is) is sharp, can I
> mount it on canon a70 with adapter ring (adapter ring is 52mm)
>
> any other good teleconverter about 100-150$?
>
> thanks
>
> p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
> particular camera, but all other opinions matter.

Hi, I`ve tried both a Olympus B300 (older version of OlympusTCON17) & Canon TC-DC52 - both
are very good, with the Olympus B300 giving better results for sharp/crisp images at the
telephoto end.

Regards, Zol.

p.s. you will need a 55-52mm stepup ring available from most good photography stores or
on-line (Z)