Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Easy Share SW Problems, attn Kodak reps please

Kodak Easy Share SW Problems, attn Kodak reps please

golf

I own a DX6440 (great Camera)
I tried to download new firmware into the camera. To do this I had to
install the Easy Share Software. I have Windows XP home, and much
prefer to use these features to download my pictures, rather than the
bloated software.

How can I leave the Easy share Sw in my machine, and be able to use
the faster XP download method???????????????????????

Joe

--> Remove par from email address for replying

Andrew

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:05:35 GMT, golf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How can I leave the Easy share Sw in my machine, and be able to use
>the faster XP download method???????????????????????

Why not uninstall the software? How often do you upgrade the firmware
for your camera?
--
Andrew. To email unscramble http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.

Ron Baird

Greetings Golf,

Actually, the Kodak EasyShare Software works quite well and it is not that
slow. Rather, I suspect that if you have a lot of images, it might have
taken a bit of time initially, to organize the catalog for them. Anyway,
you can certainly use the WIA drivers if you like.

As you know, as an alternative to using the KODAK Camera Connection
Software, the MICROSOFT WIA drivers can be used in conjunction with KODAK
EasyShare Software. This is also used for non-EasyShare cameras who's
original drivers are not supported on WINDOWS XP.

To determine the compatibility of the Kodak camera on WINDOWS XP, navigate
to the following link.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...Software.jhtml

1. Connected the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the
computer and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
2. Open the Device Manager and click the plus(+) in front of Kodak Camera.
The Camera should be listed.
3. Double click the Camera, click the Driver tab, then Click on Update
Driver.
4. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click
Next.
5. Click "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". Then Click
Next.
6. Select DIGITAL STILL CAMERA from the list and click Next.
7. Click Finish to complete the hardware installation.
8. Disconnect the camera.
9. Connected the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the
computer and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
10. If the Scanner and Camera Wizard automatically opens, cancel the window.
11. Open My Computer. The Kodak camera should be listed under Scanners and
Cameras. If the camera is not listed, follow the normal troubleshooting
for connectivity.
12. Right click on the camera. Select Properties, then click the Events
tab. Select the settings as seen below. Select an event: "Camera
connected". Under Actions, choose Start this program:, and in the drop down
choose KODAK EasyShare Software.
13. Click OK.
14. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
15. If the KODAK EasyShare Software or Scanner and Camera Wizard does not
auto launch, right click the Kodak Camera icon and choose Get Pictures.
16. Follow the on-screen instructions.
17. If EasyShare is having trouble transferring pictures, follow Step 3
through 6 and use the alternate setup below which requires no Kodak
Software. Select event: "Camera Connected Under Actions, choose Prompt for
which program to run.
18. Click OK.
19. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
20. Follow the on the screen instructions and choose MICROSOFT Scanner and
Camera Wizard. Then click OK.

Talk to you soon, Golf, let me know if there are questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I own a DX6440 (great Camera)
> I tried to download new firmware into the camera. To do this I had to
> install the Easy Share Software. I have Windows XP home, and much
> prefer to use these features to download my pictures, rather than the
> bloated software.
>
> How can I leave the Easy share Sw in my machine, and be able to use
> the faster XP download method???????????????????????
>
> Joe
>
> --> Remove par from email address for replying

sarahj28 sarahj28 is offline
Junior Member

I got a memory card reader on ebay for $2.80. It plugs into usb port, extremely easy to use and an excellent way to bypass the easy share software, which is utter and complete crap. Finally, my camera is worth what I paid for it. kodak SUCKS!