Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need advice on camera purchase

Need advice on camera purchase

Ben Dixon

Hi I have a chance to buy a Canon G3 and would just like to find out what
the opinion of the group is. I would have 300.00 in it and would also like
to hear what other cameras compare or are better for the money. If you have
one is it difficult to use the fold out screen? Kinda seems odd to me. I
used to have a little Elph with 2.1 mp and it was fine to me at least it was
until my ex g/f lost it. Any and all suggestions and ideas will be great.
Thanks, ben

John P McWilliams

Ben Dixon wrote:

> Hi I have a chance to buy a Canon G3 and would just like to find out what
> the opinion of the group is. I would have 300.00 in it and would also like
> to hear what other cameras compare or are better for the money. If you have
> one is it difficult to use the fold out screen? Kinda seems odd to me. I
> used to have a little Elph with 2.1 mp and it was fine to me at least it was
> until my ex g/f lost it. Any and all suggestions and ideas will be great.
> Thanks, ben

The fold out screen is invaluable to me, as I like to hold the camera at
waist level for some shots, and hold it in the air, pointing down at an
angle. The screen also can lie flat on the camera's back, in or out.

I am paying $250 to get mine repaired, if that tells you how much I
value that camera.

--
John McWilliams

Lung Fish

"Ben Dixon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi I have a chance to buy a Canon G3 and would just like to find out
> what the opinion of the group is. I would have 300.00 in it and would
> also like to hear what other cameras compare or are better for the
> money. If you have one is it difficult to use the fold out screen?
> Kinda seems odd to me. I used to have a little Elph with 2.1 mp and
> it was fine to me at least it was until my ex g/f lost it. Any and
> all suggestions and ideas will be great. Thanks, ben

One of the best comsumer grade cameras made yet.
I still have mine; it's a nice small backup to my SLRs.