Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Memory stick pro is cheaper than normal memory stick

fanfaron

Hi everyone,

The world may be upsidedown!!

at www.tigerdirect.ca

sandisk memory stick pro 256 is cheaper than lexar memory stick.

94$ can. versus 96$ can, totally crazy

do people have a explantion for that?

thank you

Dave Martindale

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (fanfaron) writes:

>sandisk memory stick pro 256 is cheaper than lexar memory stick.
>94$ can. versus 96$ can, totally crazy
>do people have a explantion for that?

Well, they are different brands.

But volume has something to do with it. PC100 RAM costs more than
PC133 RAM these days, even though PC133 needs faster chips, because the
former has been obsolete longer and less of it is sold. (And most 100
MHz systems ought to work fine with PC133 RAM, giving no reason to buy
the PC100 stuff)

Dave

fanfaron

That's what I thought too, but I was not sure, I thought maybe lexar
brand made better memory than sandisk.

thanks