Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Digital Rebel Help PLEASE

Canon Digital Rebel Help PLEASE

gman@newsjunky.com

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
appreciated

Sorby

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
> models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
> and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
> let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
> between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
> appreciated

The Rebel TI, K2 and GII are all *film* cameras.

The 300D 'Digital Rebel' is Canon's consumer *digital* SLR.

--
Sorby

Skip M

The Rebel T1, K2 and GII are all film bodies, not digital. The Digital
Rebel is the only digital Rebel body.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
> models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
> and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
> let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
> between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
> appreciated

Gadi Ben-Avi

The TI K2 and GII are FILM cameras.

The Digital Rebel and 300D are the same camera. The Digital Rebel is sold in
the US and the 300D in the rest of the world.

Gadi

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
> models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
> and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
> let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
> between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
> appreciated

Phil Wheeler

All but the Digital Rebel -- aka 300D (Europe) and Kiss (Japan)-- are
film cameras.

Phil

> Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
> models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
> and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
> let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
> between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
> appreciated

Darran West

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the digital rebel
> models? On http://www.canoneos.com/index.html there is a Rebel TI, K2
> and GII. Do all of these have the same camera specs?. I wish Canon
> let you do a side by side comparison. Also what is the difference
> between the rebel and 300D or is that the same camera?. Any info is
> appreciated

The EOS 300D/Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital are different names for the same
camera. It's a method used by Canon to discourage 'grey' imports. For more
information please look here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d