Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > For a laugh

For a laugh

Ivan

Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
mount???
Ivan

netnews

I put my Hasselblad 500mm T* on my Canon 10D, it made horrible pics.

--
David Holliday
HollidayPhoto

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
> their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
> mount???
> Ivan

Alan D-W

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
> their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
> mount???
> Ivan

I once tried a Sigma 600mm catadioptric.
No contrast, no focus. No good.

Tony Spadaro

The worst I have ever used was the Vivitar 19-35 zoom lens. Unbelievably
bad lens. Most of the Cosina crap lenses marketed by Vivitar and Phoenix
(and Cambridge etc) are not worth a penny. Sometimes bad is bad.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
> their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
> mount???
> Ivan

Georgette Preddy

"Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<40c33cd6$0$20511$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on
> > their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
> > mount???
> > Ivan
> >

> I once tried a Sigma 600mm catadioptric.

http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

Paul Bartram

> "Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Just for a laugh I'm curious what is the WORST lens anyone has tried on

their digital camera? I wonder if anyone can top my VIVITAR 19mm nikon
mount???

Can't remember the make now, but many years ago I bought a 400mm lens for my
Nikkormat which bayoneted in the middle and could be telescoped to half the
length for storage. Not a bad idea in theory, but in practice it sucked dust
inside every time you extended it. Optical quality was right up there with
the best milk bottles you could buy...

Paul

Mick Sterbs

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

And in there is this shot:

http://www.pbase.com/image/23936372

Hell, I knew Sigma colours were bad but that's *BAD*.

And you say: "This image take with a Sigma SD9 using thier 600mm mirror lens
with 2x Teleconverter. The RAW file was saturated to +2.0, the resulting
image was saturated in Photoshop to 100%. Nothing else was done to it. ".
So you mean YOU didn't do the wacky colouration in that picture? You're
saying the Sigma play-camera did it all by itself.

In another picture in the same gallery you say this:
"The Moon was extremely bright tonight, the whites in this image appear to
be washed out blue tones". Another Sigma feature Preddy?

Couldn't help noticing that in your picture of a Sigma with 1020 mm -
presumably the crap cat with a 2x - you also have a flash mounted on the
camera. Bet this helped the moon shots eh Preddy?

Preddy, I think that since you've introduced Sigma camera examples to this
thread you have expertly validated the subject line which was: For a laugh.

Georgette Preddy

"Mick Sterbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

> And in there is this shot:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/23936372
>
> Hell, I knew Sigma colours were bad but that's *BAD*.

I think you are confusing the NASA image and the Sigma match. Don't
try to understand science, that's a different issue, the point is the
Sigma 600mm mirror is by far the best mirror ever built for the 35mm
format.

I repeat what I first said:
And you say: "This image take with a Sigma SD9 using thier 600mm mirror lens
with 2x Teleconverter. The RAW file was saturated to +2.0, the resulting
image was saturated in Photoshop to 100%. Nothing else was done to it. ".

What the hell has NASA got to do with that??

Here a good laugh on Novell --> NT -->AL Wireless Networking 7 03-29-2005 07:37 PM
OT: Just for the laugh of it!! zeus MCSE 26 11-10-2004 11:17 AM
Please don't laugh gale ASP .Net 6 10-14-2004 05:08 PM
OT: IE w/ SP2 -- makes me laugh Brian Firefox 2 08-27-2004 02:41 AM
Don't Laugh Brat MCSE 2 11-26-2003 10:00 PM

Advertisments