Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dslr Noise

Dslr Noise

Bart van der Wolf

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
SNIP
> As you've discovered, the driving force behind noise is pixel or
> sensor pitch.

Bullshit.

SNIP
>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd10/page13.asp

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Sigm...lumi_graph.gif

Bart

Bart van der Wolf

"John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> preddy writes on and on and on.

And remains clueless.

Bart

Bart van der Wolf

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "PTRAVEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
SNIP
> > Once again, Preddy doesn't actually read the articles that he cites.

> The noise samples speak for themselves, Canon is tremendously noisey
> at ISO 100 compared to the Sigma--just look at the unchangable factual
> samples.

Indeed:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Sigm...lumi_graph.gif

Bart

JohnO

"G.T." wrote:

> Man, I've only been here two days or so and he already tops any troll in
> any of the other groups I subscribe to. I didn't think anyone could top
> Usenet Kook of the Current and Last Century: Mike Vandeman, Phd, of
> alt.mountain-bike fame.

LOL ... don't know "Mike Vandeman" but if anyone uses any of the
dog newsgroups (alt.pets.dogs.labrador for example) you must be
familiar with "Jerry Howe", aka, "The Puppy Wizard"

Even the "Preddiot" is small peanuts when it comes to being a
certified lunatic compared to "Puppy Buzzard", and he is a fanatic
about crossposting.

Keep trying Preddiot!

Bay Area Dave

I used to call him the Puppy Whizzer. He's about as
whacked out as any individual I've ever read on the web. He
must never leave his cage or he'd be picked up and taken to
the nearest rubber room for eternity.

dave

JohnO wrote:

> LOL ... don't know "Mike Vandeman" but if anyone uses any of the
> dog newsgroups (alt.pets.dogs.labrador for example) you must be
> familiar with "Jerry Howe", aka, "The Puppy Wizard"
>
> Even the "Preddiot" is small peanuts when it comes to being a
> certified lunatic compared to "Puppy Buzzard", and he is a fanatic
> about crossposting.
>
> Keep trying Preddiot!

JPS@no.komm

In message <KcYwc.31$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"bagal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>1 - Does the Foveon sensor have increased dynamic range (I undesratnd this
>will make it less likley to experience highlight burnout)?

False assumption. Dynamic range can be distributed above and below
"medium grey" in any arbitrary manner.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>

tekfull@yahoo.com