Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anyone shoot IR with the D70 ?

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyone shoot IR with the D70 ?

 
 
adm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-04-2004
I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could point
me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.

I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
an 85mm prime f1.. I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on the
24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.

Thanks in advance for any advice.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian C. Baird
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-04-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could point
> me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.
>
> I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
> an 85mm prime f1.. I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
> the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on the
> 24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.


I've seen some IR pics up on pbase. Go to the search and then browse
the D70 galleries - you should be able to spot the IR pics fairly
quickly.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shaun Lowe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-04-2004
http://www.pbase.com/nzphoto/infrared_d70

Regards,

Shaun Lowe
(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.pbase.com/shaun

> I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could

point
> me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.
>
> I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
> an 85mm prime f1.. I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
> the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on

the
> 24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Paseur
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2004
"adm" wrote...

<snip>

> I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with

an 85mm prime f1..

</snip>

I have put up a web site (new on June 5 at 9:30am EDT) to track subjective
opinions of the Nikkor lenses on the D70.

http://non-aol.com/D70

Please contribute your experiences to the data base. I'll keep it online as
long as it seems relevant to those of us who are moving from film to
digital.

Ray Paseur



 
Reply With Quote
 
stewy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2004

"adm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm interested in your experiences if you have done - and if you could

point
> me at any sample images, I'd be greatful.
>
> I currently have the D70, the 12-24mm DX lens and a 24-85 f2.8 (along with
> an 85mm prime f1.. I'm thinking of getting a 77mm IR filter as this fits
> the 12-24 and I have a 72-77mm filter step up ring so's I can use it on

the
> 24-85 as well. Heard good things about the Hoya ? R72 filter.
>

I bought an R72 years ago but never really put it to good use until I got my
first digital in '01.There is enough visible light for focussing and
framing. Some digital are better than others - My Sony S70 produces reddish
pix while the Fuji S7000 produces brighter orangish (if that's a word?) pix.
After desaturating and adjusting levels the Fuji seemed to be better than
the Sony.
I don't know how the camera would cope with filters like the 89b which is
virtually opaque to visible light- anybody know? - so go with the R72 at
present. Trees photograph well in direct sunlight - both broadleaf and
conifer. Try to find trees relatively distant from each other. Ivy across a
wall works very well.


 
Reply With Quote
 
adm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2004

"stewy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9v0l0$pvj$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I bought an R72 years ago but never really put it to good use until I got

my
> first digital in '01.There is enough visible light for focussing and
> framing. Some digital are better than others - My Sony S70 produces

reddish
> pix while the Fuji S7000 produces brighter orangish (if that's a word?)

pix.
> After desaturating and adjusting levels the Fuji seemed to be better than
> the Sony.
> I don't know how the camera would cope with filters like the 89b which is
> virtually opaque to visible light- anybody know? - so go with the R72 at
> present. Trees photograph well in direct sunlight - both broadleaf and
> conifer. Try to find trees relatively distant from each other. Ivy across

a
> wall works very well.


Thanks,

Now I'm just trying to find a decent priced 77mm R72. They're not cheap....



 
Reply With Quote
 
stewy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2004
Saw one at www.adorama.com for $37.35


"adm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "stewy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9v0l0$pvj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I bought an R72 years ago but never really put it to good use until I

got
> my
> > first digital in '01.There is enough visible light for focussing and
> > framing. Some digital are better than others - My Sony S70 produces

> reddish
> > pix while the Fuji S7000 produces brighter orangish (if that's a word?)

> pix.
> > After desaturating and adjusting levels the Fuji seemed to be better

than
> > the Sony.
> > I don't know how the camera would cope with filters like the 89b which

is
> > virtually opaque to visible light- anybody know? - so go with the R72 at
> > present. Trees photograph well in direct sunlight - both broadleaf and
> > conifer. Try to find trees relatively distant from each other. Ivy

across
> a
> > wall works very well.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Now I'm just trying to find a decent priced 77mm R72. They're not

cheap....
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Anyone shoot the eclipse? Rita Berkowitz Digital Photography 51 02-26-2008 06:47 AM
Anyone shoot EOS1DsmarkII? George Kerby Digital Photography 2 09-29-2006 01:46 PM
anyone here like to shoot 20D photochimperdude Digital Photography 10 03-17-2006 12:19 AM
Nikon D70 Shoot Vertical with Flash Centered?? Dan P Digital Photography 3 01-02-2005 08:42 PM
did anyone try this: cheap point-n-shoot on the back of a large format beast? chibitul Digital Photography 129 08-16-2004 11:02 AM



Advertisments