Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A75 "softness"

Canon A75 "softness"

jspen

"SpongeBob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40c1df9b$0$81013$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Martik wrote:
> >
> > > You may find this thread interesting:
> > >
> > > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5655627
> > >
> > > Seems everyone is 'arguing' about the A-series soft focus 'problem'

> > Call me crazy, but there's a fellow in that forum named Scott W. who's
> > posts are so similar to Brian C. Baird's that one really must wonder if

it
> > is indeed the same person.
> >
> > Many manufacturers have employees who's job it is to scan forums and

prop
> > up their products and the way the A-series cameras are being defended by
> > these guys, I think, goes beyond just a happy owner defending his

> purchase.
> >
> > Anyone concur?

Yea, he's probably got 50 A series cameras on his desk right now wonderering
what he can do to hide them from his boss.

And we're the hysterical, paranoid ones... LOL

Brian C. Baird

In article <V2qwc.5906$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> I concur! That's good enough evidence for me. That's funny. I knew my
> presumptions were right.
> Good eye Sponge!
> Were keeping an eye on you Brian or Scott or whatever identity your using at
> the moment! Don't be embarrassed, theres nothing wrong with getting "found
> out". Hey, you can't stay in the closet for ever! Right buddy? ; )
> Hey Brian, can you pass us on some employee or Rep. discounts through Canon?
> For accessories? Can you get things at cost? That would be great!
> I'm in the market for a flash setup for my Olympus C4000. Tripods, lighting
> equipment, all kinds of stuff. If you can beat Ebay prices substantially
> you've got a customer!

I can recommend you a good psychiatrist.

Brian C. Baird

In article <TUrwc.22603$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Yea, he's probably got 50 A series cameras on his desk right now wonderering
> what he can do to hide them from his boss.

Paranoia.

> And we're the hysterical, paranoid ones... LOL

For once, I agree with you.

Tyrone Jackson

And why is it that you feel that way Brian?

Ty
lol

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <V2qwc.5906$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I concur! That's good enough evidence for me. That's funny. I knew my
> > presumptions were right.
> > Good eye Sponge!
> > Were keeping an eye on you Brian or Scott or whatever identity your

using at
> > the moment! Don't be embarrassed, theres nothing wrong with getting

"found
> > out". Hey, you can't stay in the closet for ever! Right buddy? ; )
> > Hey Brian, can you pass us on some employee or Rep. discounts through

Canon?
> > For accessories? Can you get things at cost? That would be great!
> > I'm in the market for a flash setup for my Olympus C4000. Tripods,

lighting
> > equipment, all kinds of stuff. If you can beat Ebay prices substantially
> > you've got a customer!

> I can recommend you a good psychiatrist.

Mark

How much sharpening is *usually* required using Photoshop? I agree, the sharpness can be better viewing on a monitor, but when seen in actual prints, the A80 at least was quite sharp. However, someone at work said the A80 is very very soft compared to their G series Canon.

"Tyrone Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:00Jvc.4711$9%(E-Mail Removed) ...
: That's wonderful! Enjoy your Canon A75. Some people use Photoshop to sharpen
: photos if needed.
:
: Ty
:
: "Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
: > In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, auriga_m38
: > @yahoo.com says...
: > > I can't see myself ever using the full Auto mode (nor AiAF) on the A75
: > > ever again, except maybe for testing purposes - I just didn't find I
: > > had any control over how the camera focused with that feature enabled.
: > > Having said that, I'm happy with the pictures the A75 takes,
: > > especially now that I've learned a little more on how to use it.
: > >
: > > And before I get flamed for stating facts, this is just my own
: > > experience, so ymmv.
: > >
: > > Terence
: >
: > Terence,
: >
: > Glad to here you're happy with the camera and found what was causing you
: > the trouble.
:
: