Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A75 "softness"

Canon A75 "softness"

Brian C. Baird

In article <V7Rvc.878$(E-Mail Removed) t>,
> > > Common problem with the Canon A series. Check out the powershot forum at
> > > http://forums.powershot-a.com/

> > Deja Vu all over again.

> No Brian, No, not others that have the same problem.... GASP! Could
> someone else other than you perchance have a opinion or fact that WAS legimitate and true contraire
> to your opinion??? Double GASP!
> The pink elephant has entered the building...

No Jim, quite the opposite. The "problem" appears to be the same as it
was before: lack of understanding of AiAF, poor test shots and ignorance
of the fact that lenses wide open will be soft around the edges,
especially the low-cost compact lenses used in point and shoot cameras.

Opinions, no matter how many of them there are, do not constitute fact.

nixjunk

>Well I thought that the general consensus for dealing with "soft photos"
>from some of the Canon A series cameras was to apply a small amount of
>sharpening if desired. Am I wrong? And if I am not wrong, how is that not
>trying to be helpful?
>

>Ty

You need to become more knowledgeable about digital imaging and digital
cameras.

Jim Spen

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <V7Rvc.878$(E-Mail Removed) t>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...

forum at

> > > Deja Vu all over again.

> > No Brian, No, not others that have the same problem.... GASP! Could
> > someone else other than you perchance have a opinion or fact that WAS

legimitate and true contraire
> > to your opinion??? Double GASP!
> > The pink elephant has entered the building...

> No Jim, quite the opposite. The "problem" appears to be the same as it
> was before: lack of understanding of AiAF, poor test shots and ignorance
> of the fact that lenses wide open will be soft around the edges,
> especially the low-cost compact lenses used in point and shoot cameras.
>
> Opinions, no matter how many of them there are, do not constitute fact.

It is not the opposite, a repeating question over and over, the SAME ONE...

Brian, you don't even know the defination of a fact, here it is for you....

Defination of Fact from Dictionary.com

1.. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based
on fact; a blur of fact and fancy. YES THIS WAS TESTED AND FOUND TO BE A
REAL OCCURANCE BY MYSELF<<< MANY OTHERS AND PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS>>>
2.. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic
engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed
fact.
3.. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case. SAME
AS ABOVE
4.. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken
facts. MOST DEFINATELY
5.. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before
the fact. NA

And how do you know right away without any testing or seeing this persons
camera that the problem lies with the
AiAF or something else, that is FAR FROM A FACT or even a lnowledgable
opinion because YOU DON"T KNOW
FOR SURE SO HOW CAN YOU MISGUIDE PEOPLE WITH YOUR GUESSING AT THE PROBLEM.

UNREAL...

Tyrone Jackson

I agree with you. I've got a long way to go.

Ty

"nixjunk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Well I thought that the general consensus for dealing with "soft photos"
> >from some of the Canon A series cameras was to apply a small amount of
> >sharpening if desired. Am I wrong? And if I am not wrong, how is that not
> >trying to be helpful?
> >

> >Ty
> >

> You need to become more knowledgeable about digital imaging and digital
> cameras.

Brian C. Baird

In article <97Zvc.21235$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> 1.. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based
> on fact; a blur of fact and fancy. YES THIS WAS TESTED AND FOUND TO BE A
> REAL OCCURANCE BY MYSELF<<< MANY OTHERS AND PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS>>>

Which doesn't mean squat.

Jim, get yourself under control. You're not objective, and you never
have been in this matter. Because I happen to disagree with your
conclusions, you have taken a course of personal attacks against me with
a tone I do not appreciate. I think you need to rethink your attachment
to this issue. An apology from you may or may not be in order, I leave
that decision up to you.

Reading your posts, I am reminded of an event that occurred a few years
ago involving silicon. In particular, silicon breast implants.
Numerous people had claimed their auto immune illnesses had been caused
by leaky (or in some cases, not even that) breast implants. These
individuals, with the support of some limited research, launched a
crusade against Dow Chemical, manufacturer of the implants. They
claimed the facts were on their side.

To make a long story short, Dow Chemical decided to settle out of court
to prevent a long legal battle that could have been disastrous to their
core business. As we all know, breasts in America are a very sensitive
issue and a jury could be easily swayed by their emotions into making
less than objective decisions. Dow Chemical made the wrong decision.

About a year later, if I remember correctly, The New England Journal of
Medicine released a study done over a large sample group (nurses) and
compared the rates of auto immune disease in women with implants versus
those without. The study concluded that silicon breast implants did not
increase your risk of auto immune disease - the rate of auto immune
disease was the same in both groups. Although initial research pointed
to a link, a large, objective study proved that link to be false.

Moral of the story: Large groups of people (especially emotional and
opinionated ones) can be, and often are, wrong.

Are you right or wrong? I can't say. I can say your reasoning and
conclusions up to this point have been ill-informed, and there is a
dearth of hard information from you. You fail to question your own
conclusions and get irate when others do. This shows you impart a
pretty strong bias in your reasoning, something that makes it very
difficult for you understand the very simple concepts I have laid out
before you.

If you kept your responses less declaratory and your language less
severe, I would have never ever spoken on the subject. Because you did
declare your opinion was indeed fact, and you did so in such a rude
manner, all you did was feed hysteria. I felt obligated to inform you
that your conclusions were not based upon sound logic and the opinions
you expressed were not fact. You've done nothing to convince me
otherwise.

Steve B

>"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>I am reminded of an event that occurred a few years
>ago involving silicon. In particular, silicon breast implants.

Sounds painful. I think you mean silicone.

John McWilliams

Steve B wrote:

>>"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>I am reminded of an event that occurred a few years
>>ago involving silicon. In particular, silicon breast implants.

> Sounds painful. I think you mean silicone.

The silicon would be for the embedded chips used to control density,
lift, resistance, night vision, and landing gear.....

--
John McWilliams

"Um, his vocabulary, like, uh, really, ah....... sucked."

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk says...
> Sounds painful. I think you mean silicone.

Yes, indeed I did. D'oh!

But if they were silicone, it would give new meaning to the word
"Sandbag."

Brian C. Baird

Er, silicon... for the joke, that is. Double d'oh!

Brian C. Baird

In article <UJ0wc.5481$Sw.1958@attbi_s51>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Sounds painful. I think you mean silicone.
> >

> The silicon would be for the embedded chips used to control density,
> lift, resistance, night vision, and landing gear.....

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades...