Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > EOS300D buffer

EOS300D buffer

orion

Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
more shots in burst mode before waiting...?

Brian C. Baird

In article <xurvc.2529$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?

Not unless you are an electrical engineer with some time on your hands.
I think the easiest solution is to upgrade to a 10D or a 1D.

Alan D-W

"orion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsurvc.2529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?

Nope.

Jim Townsend

Alan D-W wrote:

> "orion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsurvc.2529$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
>> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?
>>

> Nope.

I dunno.. Perhaps that's the next firmware hack

They've sure 'enabled' a lot of hidden features for the
300D lately.

Jonathan Wilson

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:22:35 -0500, Jim Townsend <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Alan D-W wrote:
>

>> "orion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsurvc.2529$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
>>> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?
>>>

>> Nope.

>I dunno.. Perhaps that's the next firmware hack

lol

>They've sure 'enabled' a lot of hidden features for the
>300D lately.

True, I guess it all depends on the physical buffer n hardware...

Its potentially possible that they are the same, but its not yet been
possible to hack into it... I know the hack to tell the camera there
is more hangs the camera according to reports.

Even so... the extra shots of the 10D are still quite low in number! I
believe this is one place where the 70 out performs every make, its
supposedly 100 or so shots... not sure how accurate that is, and what
its dependent on, but I'm guessing that it forces a slow down but
continues to burst... as apposed to burst, wait for card writes,
burst.

Would be interested to hear some 70 users reports on that.

Jon
--
Jonathan Wilson.
www.somethingerotic.com

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Even so... the extra shots of the 10D are still quite low in number! I
> believe this is one place where the 70 out performs every make, its
> supposedly 100 or so shots... not sure how accurate that is, and what
> its dependent on, but I'm guessing that it forces a slow down but
> continues to burst... as apposed to burst, wait for card writes,
> burst.

The 300D, 10D and D70 are all limited by their write buffers. All will
continue to take shots after the buffer is full, at a rate determined by
how fast the camera writes to the CF card. dpreview.com has the exact
figures in their reviews.