Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak EasyShare Shutdown Problem for Kodak 4530

Kodak EasyShare Shutdown Problem for Kodak 4530

Pete

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote

> Thanks Ron,
> I didn't have the shutdown problem until I install Easyshare.
> When I uninstalled Easyshare the problem went away.
> When I re-installed Easyshare the problem was back. That tells
> me that Easyshare (v3.3) and Windows 98 SE (which I keep
> updated) have a compatibility problem. Wouldn't you agree?

There is a compatability problem with the Kodak module
which continualy 'polls' the 'hub which is installed
[Kodak software]. This prevents 98SE from completing its
shutdown sequence and causes it to hang. This problem
cannot be resolved by MS patches. However, it is resolved
by obtaining the 3.4 Version of Kodak Easyshare Software.
Unload all Kodak software, reboot - install 3.4 reboot
and then ensure you install the hardware in My Computer.
Then the problem disappears.

> Does that mean the version of Easyshare that came with my camera
> (v3.3) has a problem?

Yes.

> I couldn't find anything on the Kodak
> site that discussed a (possible) problem with Easyshare v 3.3.

The y do not mention it and nor is it in the FAQ. Reason?
Bad marketing policy, however the Kodak Support people
do acknowledge this issue and are very helpfull. They
responded to my enquiry about this issue and sent me a new
CD Rom within the week. I suggest you get in touch and request
an updated version as well.

> Have any other Easyshare users experienced a problem with v 3.3?

Yes same as you.