Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless RDP, No Internet

Wireless RDP, No Internet

=?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=

I thought this would be simple but I am simply having no success.

I would like to use a Tablet PC (client) to wirelessly connect & use RDP
with a laptop (host) which is connected to an audio processor LAN. Everything
I read is geared toward remote access to an office or home computer, file
sharing, Internet access, & wireless printing.

Both machines are running XP with SP2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Don

Tom Eirik Jensen

Do they have the same IP adresse range ?
type "ipconfig" in cmd promt. start-run-write "cmd" -enter - "ipconfig" -
enter.

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought this would be simple but I am simply having no success.
>
> I would like to use a Tablet PC (client) to wirelessly connect & use RDP
> with a laptop (host) which is connected to an audio processor LAN.
> Everything
> I read is geared toward remote access to an office or home computer, file
> sharing, Internet access, & wireless printing.
>
> Both machines are running XP with SP2.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Don

Sooner Al [MVP]

See this page for troubleshooting help...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...eshooting.html

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought this would be simple but I am simply having no success.
>
> I would like to use a Tablet PC (client) to wirelessly connect & use RDP
> with a laptop (host) which is connected to an audio processor LAN.
> Everything
> I read is geared toward remote access to an office or home computer, file
> sharing, Internet access, & wireless printing.
>
> Both machines are running XP with SP2.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Don

=?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=

Windows IP Configuration:
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection, Media State…: Media disconnected
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, Media State…: Media disconnected

Should I be looking at Ad Hoc Network & VNC instead of RDP?

Don