Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ANNI GOES 8 MegaPixel ???

ANNI GOES 8 MegaPixel ???

Annika1980

Well sports fans, today was my lucky day!

First off, I received Issue #10 of The Luminous Landscape Video Journal on DVD
today. For those of you living in a cave, this is Michael Reichmann's
excellent video production covering all aspects of photography. You can read
all about it here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

Also, I just got an e-mail from Mr. Reichmann telling me I am the first
Semi-Finalist for the big 8 MP camera Drawing.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/vi...rnal/win.shtml

Should I be lucky enough to be the grand prize winner (why not? I'm due!),
I'll get to choose between 5 of the new 8 MP models from Canon, Minolta, Nikon,
Olympus, and Sony. Gee, I wonder which one I'd choose?

Now back to the DVD. I just sat mesmerized watching a segment with Michael and
Stephen Johnson, a landscape photographer who uses the Betterlight scanning
back on a 4x5 camera to make super high-res large format images that film
simply can't touch. As Mr. Johnson correctly points out, digital's superiority
in this format is "inarguable." So don't even bother.

Mr. Johnson also has a setup to make panoramic images up to 6000 pixels high by
up to 65000 pixels wide .... without stitching! The camera rests on a
computerized mount and the camera itself turns while the image is being
captured. The whole scanning process takes just over a minute so the format
doesn't lend itself to any type of photography involving movement. But for
landscapes or still life you can't beat it. All color corrections, white
balance adjustments, histogram tweaking, etc. are done at capture so there is
no need for post-processing other than printing. Cool, huh?

In an ironic way, the digital Betterlight system may actually bring the
photographer closer to photography's essence ... the faithful capture of a
moment in time. Who needs film, anyway? Brother can ya spare about $50K?

Anyone interested in the current limits of photography should plunk down the
$14.95 for this DVD. It will not only change your perspective, it could just
be a life-changing experience for you as well.

Bill Turlock

Annika1980 wrote:

> Well sports fans, today was my lucky day!
>
> First off, I received Issue #10 of The Luminous Landscape Video Journal on DVD
> today. For those of you living in a cave, this is Michael Reichmann's
> excellent video production covering all aspects of photography. You can read
> all about it here:
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/
>
> Also, I just got an e-mail from Mr. Reichmann telling me I am the first
> Semi-Finalist for the big 8 MP camera Drawing.
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/vi...rnal/win.shtml
>
> Should I be lucky enough to be the grand prize winner (why not? I'm due!),
> I'll get to choose between 5 of the new 8 MP models from Canon, Minolta, Nikon,
> Olympus, and Sony. Gee, I wonder which one I'd choose?
>
> Now back to the DVD. I just sat mesmerized watching a segment with Michael and
> Stephen Johnson, a landscape photographer who uses the Betterlight scanning
> back on a 4x5 camera to make super high-res large format images that film
> simply can't touch. As Mr. Johnson correctly points out, digital's superiority
> in this format is "inarguable." So don't even bother.
>
> Mr. Johnson also has a setup to make panoramic images up to 6000 pixels high by
> up to 65000 pixels wide .... without stitching! The camera rests on a
> computerized mount and the camera itself turns while the image is being
> captured. The whole scanning process takes just over a minute so the format
> doesn't lend itself to any type of photography involving movement. But for
> landscapes or still life you can't beat it. All color corrections, white
> balance adjustments, histogram tweaking, etc. are done at capture so there is
> no need for post-processing other than printing. Cool, huh?
>
> In an ironic way, the digital Betterlight system may actually bring the
> photographer closer to photography's essence ... the faithful capture of a
> moment in time. Who needs film, anyway? Brother can ya spare about $50K?
>
> Anyone interested in the current limits of photography should plunk down the
> $14.95 for this DVD. It will not only change your perspective, it could just
> be a life-changing experience for you as well.

I've been to his studio on the coast.
It's a must-see!
He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon. Spectacular

Bill

sun lei

Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you

George Kerby

On 6/1/04 11:38 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "Bill Turlock"
<"Bill Turlock"@sonnic.net> wrote:

> Annika1980 wrote:
>>
>> Well sports fans, today was my lucky day!
>>
>> First off, I received Issue #10 of The Luminous Landscape Video Journal on
>> DVD
>> today. For those of you living in a cave, this is Michael Reichmann's
>> excellent video production covering all aspects of photography. You can read
>> all about it here:
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/
>>
>> Also, I just got an e-mail from Mr. Reichmann telling me I am the first
>> Semi-Finalist for the big 8 MP camera Drawing.
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/vi...rnal/win.shtml
>>
>> Should I be lucky enough to be the grand prize winner (why not? I'm due!),
>> I'll get to choose between 5 of the new 8 MP models from Canon, Minolta,
>> Nikon,
>> Olympus, and Sony. Gee, I wonder which one I'd choose?
>>
>> Now back to the DVD. I just sat mesmerized watching a segment with Michael
>> and
>> Stephen Johnson, a landscape photographer who uses the Betterlight scanning
>> back on a 4x5 camera to make super high-res large format images that film
>> simply can't touch. As Mr. Johnson correctly points out, digital's
>> superiority
>> in this format is "inarguable." So don't even bother.
>>
>> Mr. Johnson also has a setup to make panoramic images up to 6000 pixels high
>> by
>> up to 65000 pixels wide .... without stitching! The camera rests on a
>> computerized mount and the camera itself turns while the image is being
>> captured. The whole scanning process takes just over a minute so the format
>> doesn't lend itself to any type of photography involving movement. But for
>> landscapes or still life you can't beat it. All color corrections, white
>> balance adjustments, histogram tweaking, etc. are done at capture so there is
>> no need for post-processing other than printing. Cool, huh?
>>
>> In an ironic way, the digital Betterlight system may actually bring the
>> photographer closer to photography's essence ... the faithful capture of a
>> moment in time. Who needs film, anyway? Brother can ya spare about $50K?
>>
>> Anyone interested in the current limits of photography should plunk down the
>> $14.95 for this DVD. It will not only change your perspective, it could just
>> be a life-changing experience for you as well.

> He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon.

WOW! HOW does he do THAT?!?

Fedman Kassad

snip

> I've been to his studio on the coast.
> It's a must-see!
> He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon. Spectacular

Do you maybe mean 360 ?

> Bill

FDKS

David J. Littleboy

"Fedman Kassad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wwmvc.19960$G%(E-Mail Removed)...
> snip
>
> > I've been to his studio on the coast.
> > It's a must-see!
> > He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon. Spectacular

> Do you maybe mean 360 ?

It's sort of like the amplifiers with dials that go to 11...

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Dave Devine

David J. Littleboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Fedman Kassad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Wwmvc.19960$G%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > snip
> >
> > > I've been to his studio on the coast.
> > > It's a must-see!
> > > He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon. Spectacular

> > Do you maybe mean 360 ?

> It's sort of like the amplifiers with dials that go to 11...
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

You get great sustain with that, though...

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.

Fedman Kassad

Snap

> > Do you maybe mean 360 ?

> It's sort of like the amplifiers with dials that go to 11...

LMAO

Now, That Is Spinal Tap!

> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

FDKS

Pepys

"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BCE3436A.48492%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 6/1/04 11:38 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Bill

Turlock"

> > He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon.
> >

> WOW! HOW does he do THAT?!?

He uses a Sigma of course.

Chris Cox

> > Now back to the DVD. I just sat mesmerized watching a segment with Michael
> > and
> > Stephen Johnson, a landscape photographer who uses the Betterlight scanning
> > back on a 4x5 camera to make super high-res large format images that film
> > simply can't touch. As Mr. Johnson correctly points out, digital's
> > superiority in this format is "inarguable." So don't even bother.

> I've been to his studio on the coast.
> It's a must-see!
> He's got a 365 pano of the Grand Canyon. Spectacular

I assume you're referring to Stephen Johnson's studio/shop in Pacifica,
CA at 580 Crespi Drive, Suite A-2 (just off US 1, next to Linda Mar
state beach)?

http://www.sjphoto.com

Yeah - it's impressive.

Chris (ok, I admit I've been there a few times)