Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > how do you make a cropped photo print to a specified size?

how do you make a cropped photo print to a specified size?

Rick B.

I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
any help.

mcgyverjones

"Rick B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> any help.

In Photoshop just crop part of the image you want, then Image>Resize and
fill in your specs
Did this not work? What have you tried?

Bob Williams

Rick B. wrote:
> I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> any help.

When you select your crop tool, you are given the option to crop the
image to any size you want and any resolution. Different versions of
Photoshop do it a little differently. I don't have V 6.0 but I have V
5.0 and V 7.0
In V 5.0 Double click on the crop tool and check "fixed image size".
Then fill in the H & W boxes with the values you want. You can also fill
in the resolution you want the image to have. I'd advise 240-300
pixels/inch.
Photoshop will automatically crop and resample your image so it will be
ready for printing at the highest quality.
In V 7.0, when you select the crop tool, the H, W and resolution boxes
open automatically. Just fill in the numbers, drag the crop tool where
you want it and....Voila. Cropped exactly as you wanted.
Bob Williams

Bob Williams

Rick B. wrote:
> I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> any help.

In Photoshop, when you select your crop tool, you are offered the option
to crop to any Height, Width and Resolution that you like.
Different versions of PS do it slightly differently. I don't have V 6.0
but I have V 5.0 and V 7.0.
In v 5.0, double click on the crop tool and check the "fixed image size"
box. Then enter the H, W, and Resolution you want. I would recommend a
resolution of 240-300 pixels/inch for printing at highest quality.
In v 7.0, as soon as you click the crop tool, the H, W, and Resolution
boxes automatically display. Enter the numbers you want, drag the crop
tool across the image to where you like it and .....Voila! Your picture
is automatically cropped to the exact dimensions and resolution that you
desire.
Bob Williams

Marvin Margoshes

"Rick B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> any help.

By cropping, you select the part of the image you want to print. At the
same time, you choose the correct width/height ratio for the print size you
want. How you do it depends on the software you use - consult the manual or
the help file. Setting the actual print size is another task, that also
depends on the software..

sun lei

Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you

Rick B.

"mcgyverjones" <mcgyverjones(spamout)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3SRuc.86150$(E-Mail Removed) m>...
> "Rick B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> > any help.

> In Photoshop just crop part of the image you want, then Image>Resize and
> fill in your specs
> Did this not work? What have you tried?

Thanks for responding.Photoshop was the key. I was wasting time trying
to use the other programs.

Rick B.

Bob Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Rick B. wrote:
> > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> > any help.

> When you select your crop tool, you are given the option to crop the
> image to any size you want and any resolution. Different versions of
> Photoshop do it a little differently. I don't have V 6.0 but I have V
> 5.0 and V 7.0
> In V 5.0 Double click on the crop tool and check "fixed image size".
> Then fill in the H & W boxes with the values you want. You can also fill
> in the resolution you want the image to have. I'd advise 240-300
> pixels/inch.
> Photoshop will automatically crop and resample your image so it will be
> ready for printing at the highest quality.
> In V 7.0, when you select the crop tool, the H, W and resolution boxes
> open automatically. Just fill in the numbers, drag the crop tool where
> you want it and....Voila. Cropped exactly as you wanted.
> Bob Williams

Voila - Bingo - Photoshop did it. Thank you. I appreciate being
steered to the proper program by everyone.

Rick B.

"Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Rick B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> > any help.

> By cropping, you select the part of the image you want to print. At the
> same time, you choose the correct width/height ratio for the print size you
> want. How you do it depends on the software you use - consult the manual or
> the help file. Setting the actual print size is another task, that also
> depends on the software..

Thanks for the input. Photoshop solved my problem very easily.I don't
think the other software will do it.

Rick B.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rick B.) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
> a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
> inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
> View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
> photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
> any help.

Thank you all for your time and expertise. Photoshop did the the
trick. What a wonderful thing this internet can be.