Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon powershot S1 LCD Vs Kodak DX6490 LCD??

Canon powershot S1 LCD Vs Kodak DX6490 LCD??

Jason

Hello,

I have narrowed down my 2 choices to the powershot s1 and the dx6490. I use
the LCD only, bad elbow makes it hard to hold camera up to face. the 6490
has a big lcd which but the S1 has one that rotates. Both are appealing
features. How good is the S1 LCD in outdoor light vs the 6490. How are they
in lower light levels? Thanks for your input.

Jason

Richard and Shaw Bullington

I just bought a S1 a couple of weeks ago. I've been really pleased with
it's performance. I definitely like being able to rotate the lcd screen.
It comes in handy as you're discussing when taking pictures. I don't have
to hold the camera at eye level to be able to see the lcd. I simply have to
flip it out, and adjust it to the angle I want. I have used it in dark
areas as well as in bright sunlight. While my experience with digital
cameras and lcd screens is minimal, I feel that the screen performs well.
There was a couple of times in bright sunlight that the screen was difficult
to see, but all I did was adjust the screen angle and it helped improve
visibility. Hope this helps.

richard bullington
"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have narrowed down my 2 choices to the powershot s1 and the dx6490. I

use
> the LCD only, bad elbow makes it hard to hold camera up to face. the 6490
> has a big lcd which but the S1 has one that rotates. Both are appealing
> features. How good is the S1 LCD in outdoor light vs the 6490. How are

they
> in lower light levels? Thanks for your input.
>
> Jason

Jason

"Richard and Shaw Bullington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newshQuc.10715$Tw.4713@lakeread06:

> I just bought a S1 a couple of weeks ago. I've been really pleased
> with it's performance. I definitely like being able to rotate the lcd
> screen. It comes in handy as you're discussing when taking pictures.
> I don't have to hold the camera at eye level to be able to see the
> lcd. I simply have to flip it out, and adjust it to the angle I want.
> I have used it in dark areas as well as in bright sunlight. While my
> experience with digital cameras and lcd screens is minimal, I feel
> that the screen performs well. There was a couple of times in bright
> sunlight that the screen was difficult to see, but all I did was
> adjust the screen angle and it helped improve visibility. Hope this
> helps.
>
> richard bullington
> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have narrowed down my 2 choices to the powershot s1 and the dx6490.

> use
>> the LCD only, bad elbow makes it hard to hold camera up to face. the
>> 6490 has a big lcd which but the S1 has one that rotates. Both are
>> appealing features. How good is the S1 LCD in outdoor light vs the
>> 6490. How are

> they
>> in lower light levels? Thanks for your input.
>>
>> Jason

hey rich thanks for the reply. How easy is the lcd to see in somewhat low
light. like indoors with maybe 1 light on, or indoors with just light
from the window? sounds like you like it overall. how does the image
stabilizer work? thanks again,

Jason

Ron Baird

Hi Jason,

Your best bet is to visit a local store and review both cameras first hand.
This will get a feel for the cameras and their features. One thing I like
about the DX6490 is the external flash and the EVF or electronic viewfinder.
Not too important for you if you cannot easily get the camera to your eye.
But try them out, as the viewing screens are not as good outside as they are
inside. Look at them both then decide on what will be best for you. Let me
know if you have any questions later.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company