Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Paint Shop Pro

Paint Shop Pro

John Lee

I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

dylan

Why do you want .psp ?. Why not use .tif , presumably you want lossless
saving, and other programs can read them. Alternatively set to jpg options
to 1% compression.

"John Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
> advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
> gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the

'Save'
> option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

Tony Gartshore

In article <vapuc.515$ps4.408@newsfe3-gui>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
> advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
> gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
> option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

PSP format came in when Paintshop started supporting layers. Which I think was in V5..

T.
--
Please Tony, NO!! You'd look dreadful in a basque and fishnets..

mortn

John Lee wrote:
> I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
> advise how I can save edited images to .psp format? The 'Save As' option
> gives every format under the sun, but not .psp. If I simply use the 'Save'
> option, the image remains as jpeg and has not changed to .psp. Thanks.

I would urge an upgrade to version 8.1. Not only does it support the.psp format, but it
has some really great features (even more than Photoshop). PSP is a wonderful, easy to
use program that can compete with anything out there, at a much lower price. Try it -
You'll like it! I love it.

P.S. I don't work for JASC. Just a very satisfied user.

Jeremy

"John Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am using an early version of PaintShop Pro v 4.15SE. Can anyone please
> advise how I can save edited images to .psp format?

There WAS no PSP format back then.

If you need to preserve layers, then you should upgrade. If funds are
tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for $10-$15
bucks.

John Tucker

Jeremy wrote:
> If funds are
> tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
> $10-$15 bucks.

Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.

John
Texas, USA

nixjunk

>> If funds are
>> tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
>> $10-$15 bucks.

>Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
>pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
>
>John
>Texas, USA

Just wait for a sale. The last good one was for $40 for PSP 8 and before that
$20.

Marvin Margoshes

"John Tucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Jeremy wrote:
> > If funds are
> > tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
> > $10-$15 bucks.

> Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
> pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
>
> John
> Texas, USA

Sometimes there are very low prices or large rebates from retailers.
CompUSA had a great deal a week or two ago.

Jeremy

"Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Tucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Jeremy wrote:
> > > If funds are
> > > tight, check eBay, for more recent versions, sometimes sold for
> > > $10-$15 bucks.

> > Caveat emptor. Many times, software sold on eBay at such low prices are
> > pirated or crack versions. I wouldn't put my money on it.
> >
> > John
> > Texas, USA

> Sometimes there are very low prices or large rebates from retailers.
> CompUSA had a great deal a week or two ago.

To be honest, the price of PSP is so reasonable that I question why anyone
would even need to go the eBay route. I mentioned it as an option, but not
one that I would necessarily utilize myself.

Price is not always equivalent to value. Buying through questionable
sources may not always make sense. But it is the purchaser that must
ultimately make the decision regarding which option best satisfies his/her
needs.