Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Low capacity memory sticks (where to buy)

Low capacity memory sticks (where to buy)

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells low
capacity memory sticks? (new/used)

I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never use
anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell old
mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

Mike Koenecke

On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:07:37 +0100, "F" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells low
>capacity memory sticks? (new/used)
>
>I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never use
>anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
>more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell old
>mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:

http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html

And for $26.00, with free shipping:

http://www.computergiants.com/items/...&subsubcat=327
--
Mike Koenecke
to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

Paul W. Ross

Have you tried Ebay??

Mark B.

"Mike Koenecke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:
>
> http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html
>
> And for $26.00, with free shipping:

http://www.computergiants.com/items/...&subsubcat=327
> --
> Mike Koenecke
> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping. I
also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly to
pay nearly the same price for half the memory.

Mark

Mike Koenecke

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mike Koenecke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I found a 32 MB one here for $27.95:
>>
>> http://www.flash-memory-store.com/bsansonmemst.html
>>
>> And for $26.00, with free shipping:
>>

>http://www.computergiants.com/items/...&subsubcat=327
>> --
>> Mike Koenecke
>> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

>I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping. I
>also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly to
>pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
>
>Mark

Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
had for around $32.
--
Mike Koenecke
to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

Seymore

I've got 2 sticks, a 4 & 8M, that I could let go of. Please drop me a
line...

Seymore...
Owner of a F717 & S85+... and luvin' it!
remove "REMOVE" to reply

"F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dnotc.49637$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any place that sells

low
> capacity memory sticks? (new/used)
>
> I need one for my sony clie but 64+MB is a bit much since I would never

use
> anywhere close to that capacity something around 32 16 or even 8 would be
> more suitable... Anyone know of any place online or in Canada that sell

old
> mem sticks at drastically reduced costs? (used is fine as long as not DOA)

Mark B.

"Mike Koenecke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping.

> >also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly

> >pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
> >
> >Mark

> Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
> had for around $32.
> --
> Mike Koenecke
> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

Well I guess I missed that. When I bought a 128MB stick a couple months
ago, I paid about $40.

Mark

Mike Koenecke

On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:14:06 -0400, "Mark B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mike Koenecke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:17:12 -0400, "Mark B."
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >I just ordered a 64MB MS from Amazon.com for $28.50 with free shipping.

>> >also didn't need 64MB for what I'll be using it for, but it seemed silly

>> >pay nearly the same price for half the memory.
>> >
>> >Mark

>> Certainly. If it were me, I'd have gone for the 128MB, which can be
>> had for around $32.
>> --
>> Mike Koenecke
>> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

>Well I guess I missed that. When I bought a 128MB stick a couple months
>ago, I paid about $40.

I just checked Pricewatch, searching for "Sony Memory Stick NOT
Reader". Surpluscomputers.com has a Lexar 128MB for $32 with free
shipping. I was tempted to buy one, but hope to upgrade to a TH55 and
get a larger stick.
--
Mike Koenecke
to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

Mark B.

"Mike Koenecke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I just checked Pricewatch, searching for "Sony Memory Stick NOT

> Reader". Surpluscomputers.com has a Lexar 128MB for $32 with free
> shipping. I was tempted to buy one, but hope to upgrade to a TH55 and
> get a larger stick.
> --
> Mike Koenecke
> to e-mail, change domain to "alum.haverford.edu"

That's exactly the reason I got the 128MB stick. I love the TH55. I held
off upgrading from a Handera until there was a color unit with a virtual
silkscreen. Teriffic unit.

Mark

Russell

Why the obsession with low capacity?
If you mean *cheap*, that's another entirely valid question.

It's not as if it add pounds....excuse me, kilos to your pocket.
Nor is there any appreciable wear and tear to the larger sizes.
I'm not sure about power drain, but I suspect that it's far less
than the screen consumes.

Even if you don't store working files on the stick, still it's
great for backing up main memory as protection from the eventual
crash or fat-fingered fumble, and you can keep several
generations of backups readily available without having the pain
of a full HotSync recovery.