Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43

Nick Withers

I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 in NZ and find that the
shutter/aperture settings are completely automatic.
Now before buying the camera I downloaded the specs which said:- Shutter
Speed 8-1/2000 sec (Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode) ...and I expected to
be able to set the shutter speed.
I contacted Panasonic Australia and received this message:-

Thank you for your e-mail. The technical officer advises that the site you
are quoting from is a US site and the feature's may not be the same for the
model you purchased which I am unsure whether it was purchased in NZ or
Australia. Please call our 132 600 (local call) line if it was Australia and
further assistance is required

Could anyone who owns one of these cameras please let me know if the specs
are different in the US?
Thanks.

Nick Withers

I'm quite surprised that there has been no reaction to my post.
Is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 not widely available in the US? Or perhaps
it is not popular?
I have done a Google search and the camera does appear to be on stock at a
number of retailers.
I would be interested to find out if the US model does have a shutter speed
adjustment. It would have to be in the operating system I think. Not a
manual control.
Thanks

"Nick Withers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 in NZ and find that the
> shutter/aperture settings are completely automatic.
> Now before buying the camera I downloaded the specs which said:- Shutter
> Speed 8-1/2000 sec (Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode) ...and I expected

> be able to set the shutter speed.
> I contacted Panasonic Australia and received this message:-
>
> Thank you for your e-mail. The technical officer advises that the site you
> are quoting from is a US site and the feature's may not be the same for

the
> model you purchased which I am unsure whether it was purchased in NZ or
> Australia. Please call our 132 600 (local call) line if it was Australia

and
> further assistance is required
>
> Could anyone who owns one of these cameras please let me know if the specs
> are different in the US?
> Thanks.

MB

I looked at a couple of German sites and the US Panasonic site, including
reading the pdf file with the entire instruction booklet. The latter I read
twice through (the camera interested me a trifle, but no longer). Click on
this

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...noreRedirect=1

then click on the "support and resources" card, where you can download the
instruction booklet. Although the "features" card on that site mentions
"shutter priority mode, manual mode," at no place in the instructions is
there a mention of these. On the German sites, where some spec sheets are
available, shutter priority or manual mode aren't mentioned. What is
stressed is the fact that this is the perfect camera for beginners. Perhaps
the spec sheet editor got his cameras mixed up.