Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Rebel Shutter noise shake

Digital Rebel Shutter noise shake

wayne

I just purchased a Digital Rebel and like the camera but I have noticed that
the Shutter is fairly noisy and has a bit of a thump when taking a picture.
I don't know if this is normal or not. I have the 35mm EOS Rebel body and
it has virtually no shutter noise or thump?

is this normal or did I get a bad camera?

Wayne

wayne

Found the answer to my own question!

It was the pop up flash popping up!

With my eye to the lens I didn't realize it was doing it by itself until I
played with it quite a bit!

Wayne

"wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I just purchased a Digital Rebel and like the camera but I have noticed

that
> the Shutter is fairly noisy and has a bit of a thump when taking a

picture.
> I don't know if this is normal or not. I have the 35mm EOS Rebel body and
> it has virtually no shutter noise or thump?
>
> is this normal or did I get a bad camera?
>
> Wayne

John Tucker

wayne wrote:
> Found the answer to my own question!
>
> It was the pop up flash popping up!
>
> With my eye to the lens I didn't realize it was doing it by itself
> until I played with it quite a bit!

LOL!

Searching_ut

You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
popped up that I almost dropped the thing.

The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
blame on the shutter. Since the camera does such a good job with low light
however, I do find myself often trying to handhold shots I really shouldn't
expect to be able to capture.

For what it's worth

Jeff

Georgette Preddy

"Searching_ut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<DxCsc.9620$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net>...
> You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
> capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
> popped up that I almost dropped the thing.
>
> The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
> can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
> blame on the shutter.

No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

> Since the camera does such a good job with low light
> however, I do find myself often trying to handhold shots I really shouldn't
> expect to be able to capture.
>
> For what it's worth
>
> Jeff

Bart van der Wolf

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
SNIP
> No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't

matter.

Nonsense.

Bart

JPS@no.komm

In message <DxCsc.9620$(E-Mail Removed) et>,
"Searching_ut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
>capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
>popped up that I almost dropped the thing.

After a year of owning a 10D, I decided to play with the fully-automatic
"green TV screen" mode. I had a visored hat on, which I usually reverse
for flash photography (not for hip-hop style), and I took a shot and the
builtin flash banged against my visor repeatedly until I took my finger
off the shutter button. Scared the crap out of me. The camera said "OS
error", and I rebooted it.

>The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
>can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
>blame on the shutter. Since the camera does such a good job with low light
>however, I do find myself often trying to handhold shots I really shouldn't
>expect to be able to capture.

The loss is real. I can hand-hold my Sony F707 at 3/efl (equivalent
focal length), and without IS, only about 1/efl, without a chance of
significant blur. It's almost like losing the IS benefit.

I really wish I had a camera body to use my sharp Canon lenses on that
was as still as my F707.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy) wrote:

>No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

Wrong, fool. You can see sub-pixel motion blur on bayer cameras.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Georgette Preddy

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In message <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy) wrote:
>
> >No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

> Wrong, fool. You can see sub-pixel motion blur on bayer cameras.

Blur within the blur. How interesting.

No MLU = amateurs only

Charles Schuler

http://nordicgroup.us/sigma/