Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > BAN: Photography on USA trains and buses

BAN: Photography on USA trains and buses

Anastasia Orfanos

The Americans are going to ban the use of cameras and camcorders on trains
and buses.

So much for the "land of the free".

http://1010wins.com/topstories/winst...141171549.html

Any Moose Poster

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Anastasia Orfanos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://1010wins.com/topstories/winst...141171549.html

So much for your BS post, If you actually read it, Its proposed that means people can
protest the propsal. The proposal meerly states that you have to obtain permission
or have valid press credentials before photographing. I am actually surprised this
has taken so long to come about. And would have been surprised if I could photograph
undisturbed to date.

YoYo

I know it sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Free to be controlled maybe?? & Free to F__K with business.

"Anastasia Orfanos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Americans are going to ban the use of cameras and camcorders on trains
> and buses.
>
> So much for the "land of the free".
>
> http://1010wins.com/topstories/winst...141171549.html

TP

"Gordon Hudson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Over here (UK) it is generally considered anti social to take photographs in
>public.

Complete and utter nonsense.

There is probably a greater tolerance of photography
in public in the UK than in most other countries.

Mick Sterbs

"TP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gordon Hudson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Over here (UK) it is generally considered anti social to take photographs

in
> >public.

> Complete and utter nonsense.
>
> There is probably a greater tolerance of photography
> in public in the UK than in most other countries.

Agree with you. I've never ever felt any negative vibes whatsoever, wherever
I've been with my camera, and I am rarely without it. Indeed, photography
seems to be getting more and more popular here, with more and more cameras
in evidence. Though I DO wonder why people bother taking pictures of the
lions at the zoo with their mobile phones!! When we visited Marwell Zoo
quite recently I must have seen at least 6 examples of the practice.

Charlie Self

Any Moose notes:

> much for your BS post, If you actually read it, Its proposed that means
>people can
>protest the propsal. The proposal meerly states that you have to obtain
>permission
>or have valid press credentials before photographing. I am actually surprised
>this
>has taken so long to come about. And would have been surprised if I could
>photograph
>undisturbed to date.

Well, as they said: "The photo and video ban had been part of the rules on
ridership until 10 years ago, when it was removed, NYC Transit spokesman
Charles Seaton said."

Part of the ban would include:

"NYC Transit also proposed banning passengers from using end doors to move from
one subway car to another, putting feet up on seats and standing on skateboards
on subways or buses, among other changes."

And none of this translates to "The Americans...". NYC is large, but it is not
the entire country by a long shot. There are about 300 million more people
spread out some 3000 miles to the west and 800 or more miles north, and about
1500 south.

So the OP was really full of crap.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary

BenDover@invalid.org

Anastasia Orfanos wrote:

>The Americans are going to ban the use of cameras and camcorders on trains
>and buses.
>
>So much for the "land of the free".
>
>http://1010wins.com/topstories/winst...141171549.html

Oh BFD. You're right to photograph me will be curtailed. What about
my right not to be photographed unless I choose?

There's always two sides to a story.

Scott Schuckert

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Any
Moose Poster <Bullwinks@bullwinkle&rockie.net> wrote:

> So much for your BS post, If you actually read it, Its proposed that means
> people can
> protest the propsal. The proposal meerly states that you have to obtain
> permission
> or have valid press credentials before photographing. I am actually surprised
> this
> has taken so long to come about. And would have been surprised if I could
> photograph
> undisturbed to date.

Each one of these so-called security measures is a win for the
terrorists.. We've done far more damage ourselves since 9/11 than the
enemy did. The correct proceedure is not to make our country a police
state; the enemy will get in a shot from time to time regardless of
what we do. Rather, make a smoking hole of each terrorists
home/city/country of origin. Eventually they'll get the idea and/or
we'll run out of terrorists. (Or non-radioactive middle east real
estate)

jjs

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Oh BFD. You're right to photograph me will be curtailed. What about
> my right not to be photographed unless I choose?

Depends on what part of the world you live in, but IMHO as long as you are
in a public place, you have no particular right not to be photographed.

It's going to be harder and harder to avoid now that the digital camera is
becoming ubiquitous.

jjs

In article <240520040915291686%(E-Mail Removed)>, Scott Schuckert
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]
> The correct proceedure is not to make our country a police
> state; [....]
> Rather, make a smoking hole of each terrorists
> home/city/country of origin. [...]

Okay, let's start with Pendleton, New York.