Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > old Ektachrome

old Ektachrome

m Ransley

What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

Tom Monego

says...

> What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

Pictures, if it has been stored in a indoor environment they should be OK, but
with some color shifts, in a fridge or freezer it will be fine. In your car,
don't expect much. Needless to say I wouldn't do anything critical with it. Let
us know what you get.

Tom

Don

I once had a roll of Kodachrome processed that I found in an old camera of
mine. I finished the roll, which had to have been in the camera for about 6
years. The new frames I shot looked very good. The latent images that were
already on the film came out, but were badly faded and lacked detail. The
latent images had pictures shot at two different Christmases!

I would not expect Ektachrome to fare as well. Unless you're just curious,
I would toss it and buy a new roll. The cost of a new roll vice the cost of
processing a bad roll probably isn't worth it

Don

"m Ransley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

Ken Weitzel

m Ransley wrote:
> What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

Pictures of people much younger than their current age...

Anyone got any film left over from the 40's?

Take care.

Ken

Fred McKenzie

"m Ransley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

M.R.-

There is a lesson to learned here. It reminds me of the time someone told me
that you could shoot Ektachrome and have it developed as a negative using the
Kodacolor process. I tried it and it worked. Although the color left
something to be desired, it wasn't bad. (No telling what the Ektachrome may
have done to the lab's chemicals.)

Go ahead and try it, but use a different camera with fresh film for any
important shots. If the roll is already partially exposed, go ahead and
develop it. If they are important, degraded shots may be better than none.

Fred

Caleb Thomas

I think Ektachrome still goes pretty blue when it has some age on it.

When processed in C41 it will develop as a negative but it won't have
the normal orange mask so it will be really hard to correct the color
when printing.

Ben