Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Photoshop CS & RAW plug in (D70)

Re: Photoshop CS & RAW plug in (D70)

Cooter

Do a search for "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi" (without the quotes). If you
installed the latest version of Nikon View or Nikon Capture it puts this
plugin in the one of the Photoshop folders and prevents PS from using its
own RAW converter. After you locate the whereabouts of the above file,
navigate to that folder and put a tilde (~) in front of the filename so it
now becomes "~Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi". When you restart PS it should work like
it is supposed to. Shame on Nikon for pulling this stunt!

"adm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> Am I missing something here ? Looking at the help in Photoshop CS for the
> RAW plug in, shows the picture below:
>

> I am aware that it is a Mac screen shot, and is a Canon CRW file, but I
> would expect to see a similar range of controls when importing NEF files
> from the D70. However, when opening NEFs in Photoshop, I only get a very
> simple dialog box that allows me to change exposure and white balance

(plus
> rotate the image). There are no options to toggle to an advanced mode
> either.
>
> So my question is, how do I get access to the tools shown here to change
> color space, size and resolution etc....? Are these not available with the
> D70 ?

Geoff Jackson

> Do a search for "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi" (without the quotes). If you
> installed the latest version of Nikon View or Nikon Capture it puts this
> plugin in the one of the Photoshop folders and prevents PS from using its
> own RAW converter. After you locate the whereabouts of the above file,
> navigate to that folder and put a tilde (~) in front of the filename so it
> now becomes "~Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi". When you restart PS it should work

like
> it is supposed to. Shame on Nikon for pulling this stunt!

Also make sure that you have the Camera Raw 2.2 update, available from
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp Scroll to the bottom of the
page and pick which one you need.
This supports the D70.

--