Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advice on Kodak cx6330

Advice on Kodak cx6330

Gerrit Bakhuis

Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
similar features?

Ron Hunter

Gerrit Bakhuis wrote:

> Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
> reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
> similar features?

That seems a bit high, but I know you guys seem to have to pay more than
we do in the US. I have the 6440, which I got for $350 USD, including
the dock. I like the better zoom a lot. You might shop the internet
for a better price locally.

Justin Thyme

"Gerrit Bakhuis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8prhh$nr7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking to purchase the above camera for under AUD$300. Is ythis a
> reasonable price for a camera of this type? Is there a better buy with
> similar features?

Olympus C310 or C360 perhaps? nice easy to use cameras, photostitching built
in for panorama's, the standard 16mb ram is a memory card rather than
inbuilt, so you can take your card into a lab for prints without needing to
spend more money. both support pictbridge for direct prints to various
printers (although dunno why you'd bother with lab prints so cheap now).
Both camera's have more scene modes than the cx6330 for better quality
photo's, and have olympus precision lenses
In similar category, but I don't think quite as good, is the Fuji 330.
I used to love kodak camera's, but starting with the 4000 series, they seem
to have made their low-end camera's too simple, at the expense of camera
capabilities. They also seem to compress their jpeg's a bit too much,
resulting in poor picture quality. Shutter lag seems worse than other
competitors in this price range too.